Treasurer Grady Patterson
- GRADY L. PATTERSON JR. // Bond Buyer;12/9/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33230, p4
An obituary for Grady Leslie Patterson Jr., former South Carolina treasurer, is presented.
- Candidate for South Carolina treasurer has $1 billion idea for school bonds. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/26/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30507, p5
Reports that former South Carolina treasurer Grady Patterson is calling for selling as much as $1 billion of state general obligation bonds to build schools. Contribution of local school districts to the debt service for the bonds; Patterson's proposal coming toward the end of the campaign that...
- Redeeming the value of federal regulations. Patterson Jr., Grady L. // Pensions & Investments;7/11/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p12
Features an excerpt from South Carolina treasurer of state Grady L. Patterson Jr.'s letter in response to Vice President Al Gore's invitation for ideas on controlling spending. Elimination of several laws and regulations; Cash Management Improvement Act (CMIA) Public Law 101-453; Social security.
- South Carolina to Sell $327 Million Chunk of Bonds to Help Its Schools. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p3
Focuses on South Carolina's plan to sell the second tranche of a school bond authorization on January 9, 2001. Treasurer Grady Patterson's optimism about the sale; Major industries' high demand for highly qualified and skilled workers; Plans for the proceeds; Renovation of classroom facilities.
- Close Contest. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/12/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31179, p21
Reports the bids in bonds received by the South Carolina Office of the Treasury. Number of bids received; Views of State Treasurer Grady Patterson on the bids; Issuance of the bonds for the construction of the Strom Thurmond Fitness and Wellness Center; Approval of the bond-funded projects by...
- Primary Concerns. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32398, p47
The article reports that South Carolina voters will vote for the primary elections to choose candidates for several statewide officials including governor and treasurer. The respective offices are being held by Republican Mark Sanford and Democrat Grady Patterson. There will be primary elections...
- The Perennial Patterson. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31934, p1
Cites the thoughts of South Carolina Treasurer, Grady Patterson about the municipal bond market. Description of Patterson's efforts in raising the state's debt limit to accommodate more bond deals for economic development. Patterson's reflections on his decades in the elected office;...
- Flood of talent met with demand. Gregory, Michael; Tempkin, Adam // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the demand for finance professionals in the U.S. Trend toward securitization; Foreign banks' employment of finance professionals; Development of structured-finance teams.
- Capital marketers. Evanson, David R. // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p72
Gives advice on factors to consider when hiring a financial adviser. Avoidance of people who don't charge fees; Check on references of consultant; Implementation of an `out' clause when hiring.