Katherine Vogt, Higher Education Student Loan Corp
- Ky. Bond Purchase Will Provide Bridge for Student Loan Program. // Community College Week;9/8/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the plan of Kentucky state officials to buy a $50 million bond to aid the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation in 2008, also known as The Student Loan People. Governor Steve Beshear said that the bond will serve as a short term action until federal funding...
- Kentucky Raises Bond Authorization of Student Loan Agency. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p48
Reports that Kentucky Governor Paul Patton has signed a legislative bill regarding increase in bond authorization for the government agency Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corp. by multibillion dollar. Reason behind raising of bond authorization; Impact of bond authorization raising on...
- Proposed Kentucky law to increase borrowing authority for college loans. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p32
Focuses on the proposed bill that increases the borrowing authority of the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corp. Recognition of the need to generate more student loan dollars; Importance of HB 46 for officials to continue the borrowing program; Need for Senate action assigned to the...
- Kentucky Student Loan Agency Goes to Market With $202 Million Offering. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p4
Reports that the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corp. will bring to the municipal bond market $202 Million of tax-exempt revenue bonds on August 10, 2004. Credit ratings; Investment banks involved in municipal bond deals; Importance of timing in the sale of the bonds.
- Kentucky Higher Ed Agency Pricing $225 Million to Take Out Failed ARS. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33335, p8
The article reports on the aspects of the first municipal bond deal of Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corp. in two years at the auction-rate securities(ARS) market in the U.S. The said deal will enable Kentucky to price 225 million dollars of revenue to take out its failed ARS. It...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...