Ben Watkins, Division of Bond Finance
- Report: Florida Has $16.7B In Debt Capacity for 10 Years. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32278, p3
This article focuses on an annual debt ratio study of Florida, according to which the state's borrowing capacity will increase to $16.7 billion in over the next 10 years. Several factors like high revenue, less debt issuance, and significant refinancing activity are playing a significant role in...
- What's up with Florida's bulging calendar? The bond division explains it all. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30480, p28
Reports on the change in approach of the Florida Division of Bond Finance in the sale of state bonds. Announcement for bids in three notices; Explanation by Ben Watkins, director of bond finance; Factors that influenced the change in procedures.
- FLORIDA: Over $1B in Deals Get Nod. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/28/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33257, p9
The article reports that the state's Cabinet has authorized Division of Bond Finance director Ben Watkin to sell 795 million dollars worth of refunding bonds and 237 million worth of new debt in Florida.
- Despite Record-Low Issuance, Florida Again Exceeds Cap. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/7/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33628, p3
The article offers information on the statement of Division of Bond Finance director Ben Watkins indicating that Florida's ratio of debt service as a percentage of available revenues is at 7.64% exceeding the state's 7% cap for outstanding debt.
- Hurry Up. // Videography;Oct2010, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p15
The article offers information on the tip shared by Ben Watkins, a commercial producer in Waite Park, Minnesota, regarding the utilization of strips of gaffer's tape attached to cases, tripods and other pieces of equipment to minimize disruptions to his routine.
- Florida Gov. Bush keeps Watkins in post. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/27/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30566, p2
Reports on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's reaffirmation of Ben Watkins as Florida's Director of the Division of Bond Finance. Other officials reappointed to their previous positions.
- Bond finance director urges issuers to take disclosure to the Web. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p7
Reports on the 1999 Florida Public Finance Conference sponsored by `The Bond Buyer' journal. Florida director of bond finance Ben Watkins' call on bond issuers to release disclosures via the World Wide Web.
- Taking Muni Bonds to the Net. Kittower, Diane // Governing;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p82
Reports on the effect of the electronic bidding and sales of bonds through the Internet on the municipal bond market in the U.S. Results of the move of Pittsburgh to sell its bonds via the Internet; Reason behind the appeal of the electronic sales of bonds; Remarks from Ben Watkins, director of...
- Florida Brushes Up Against Cap. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/30/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33442, p1
The article presents an annual debt affordability study which evaluates the ratio of debt service to available revenues of Florida in December 2010. According to the study, Florida does not have the capability of issuing debt for the next two fiscal years for new programs and remain within its...