Weyman Smith, Georgia Finance and Investment Commission
- Georgia Closes Off Heavy Year With $240 Million GO Offering. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31485, p3
No abstract available.
- Georgia's $173 Million General Obligation Deal First for State This Year. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p25
Georgia plans to sell about $173 million of general obligation bonds on June 24, 2003, marking the first sale of the year for the state. Weyman Smith, the director of the Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission, said the deal is expected to pick up at least six bids. Proceeds from the...
- Weyman Smith Retires. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/30/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32414, p1
The article reports on the resignation of director Weyman Smith from the Financing and Investment Commission of Georgia. It has been said that smith had served the public for 25 years under five governors and closed more than $16 billion worth of general obligation bond deals for the state. The...
- Flood of talent met with demand. Gregory, Michael; Tempkin, Adam // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the demand for finance professionals in the U.S. Trend toward securitization; Foreign banks' employment of finance professionals; Development of structured-finance teams.
- Capital marketers. Evanson, David R. // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p72
Gives advice on factors to consider when hiring a financial adviser. Avoidance of people who don't charge fees; Check on references of consultant; Implementation of an `out' clause when hiring.
- When to hire a financial whiz. Malott, Kristen // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan96, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p32
Looks at when a company needs to hire a financial whiz to manage its finances. Information on Todd Fryhover, president of Sun Chief Marketing need for financial whiz; Details on Fryhover's experience; Comments from Fryhover; Background information on Sun Chief. INSET: When to bring your...
- Correspondent's Week. Craig, Margaret // Money Marketing;1/16/2003, p31
Chronicles a week in the life of a pensions manager in Great Britain. Daily routine; Work activities; Notable activities.
- People News. Forde, Arnella J.; Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;1/27/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the resignation and appointment of several financial executives in the U.S. as of January 27, 2003.
- All work and no play... Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Sep97, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p26
States that most of Britain's financial directors will be working in the summer of 1997, instead of taking a holiday according to a survey. Who conducted the survey; Reference to saying `All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.'