Gov. Scott McCallum
- DOD waives bond requirements for DBE. Treiber, Donald // Business Credit;Feb1994, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p11
Discusses the Department of Defense (DOD) waiving of bond requirement for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). Encouragement of examination of interim rule.
- New Cook County Team Clears Way for Its First Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p8
The article reports that the Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois has approved a master bond ordinance that allows the county to enter the bond market up to 425 million dollars of refunding bonds to balance the fiscal budget in 2011.
- GFOA adopts recommended practice for government issue of taxable debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30329, p4
Focuses on the Government Finance Officers Association's Committee on Governmental Debt and Fiscal Policy's adoption of recommended practice on issuing taxable debt. Features of the growing popularity of taxable bonds; Structural features that can provide long-term benefits for taxable bonds;...
- MSRB warns about issuers choosing underwriters' counsel. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30472, p5
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has warned bond issuers about selecting an underwriter's counsel. Issuers' need to disclose issuer-counsel relationship in the bond documents; Details of the MSRB's notice.
- Rein in the bond dealers! Ivins, Molly // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/20/95, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p1B
Comments on the need for the regulation of bond dealers in the United States. Losses of companies from mistakes of traders.
- Wisconsin takes aim at convention with new POS format. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/15/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30394, p3
Focuses on Wisconsin's use of a more reader-friendly preliminary official statement (POS) for its two upcoming bond issues. Format of the POS; Advantages over traditional format; Securities and Exchange Commission's plain-English disclosure order.
- WISCONSIN: Accord Up in Air. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p37
Reports on Wisconsin governor Scott McCallum's efforts to reach an accord on budget cuts with leaders of the state Senate and Assembly before calling a session on spending plan. Suggestions of lawmakers regarding budget cuts; Preference of lawmakers regarding a session; Billion dollar revenue...
- WISCONSIN: McCallum Meets. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the efforts of governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Estimated budget deficit of the state; Proposed reduction in the budget spending.
- Wisconsin's Fiscal Woes Affect Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31342, p1
Reports on the sale of cash-flow notes and long-term general obligations in Milwauke, Wisconsin. Percentage of city operating budget from the annual revenue; Plan of Governor Scott McCallum for economic development; Status of the proposal on the Joint Finance Committee.