E. Dean Carlson, Secretary of Transportation
- The Traditional Route. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p1
Reports on Kansas Transportation Secretary E. Dean Carlson's views on Garvee bonds. Definition of Garvee bonds; Preference for traditional methods of transportation financing.
- Jack Brier, Kansas Development Finance Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p37
Profiles Jack Brier, president of the Kansas Development Finance Authority. Career highlights; Projects for the state; Educational attainment; Membership in different organizations.
- Kansas Authority president suspended pending expense report investigation. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p3
Reports that Bill Caton, president of the Kansas Development Finance Authority, has been placed on indefinite leave with pay by Governor Bill Graves, while investigations into his entertainment spending on business trips is going on. Investigation launched by Senator Anthony Hensley after being...
- Member News. Thomasy, Molly // AATSEEL Newsletter;Dec2013, Vol. 56 Issue 3/4, p16
The article announces the Doctor in Philosphy (Ph.D.) in Comparative Literary and Cultural Studies conferment of Marina Antic by the University of Wisconsin, the promotion of Vitaly Chernetsky to Associate Professor at the University of Kansas, and the appointment of Univesity of Washington...
- Clinging to Kansas. Goodman, Josh // Governing;Apr2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p13
The article presents the author's insights on the appointment of Dennis McKinney as State Treasurer and Steve Six as Attorney General in Kansas, and its implications to the rivalry between Democrats and Republicans in the state. It says that Democrats seem to be on the rise in Kansas in 2006...
- As Board Awaits Its New Majority, Kan. Chief Resigns. Tonin, Jessica L. // Education Week;12/6/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p21
The article focuses on the resignation of Kansas Commissioner of Education Bob Corkins amid speculation that he would have been fired by moderates who will reclaim a majority on the state board of education. Corkins was hired by the conservative-majority board. Moderate members opposed his...
- Charles D. Michener. Michener, Walter // Beekeepers Quarterly;Dec2015, Issue 122, p56
An obituary of Charles D Michener, professor emeritus of entomology at University of Kansas is presented.
- Bunting celebrates its golden anniversary. // Label & Narrow Web;Sep2009, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article reports the proclamation of Kansas Governor Mark Parkinson that recognizes August 3, 2009 as the 50th founding anniversary of Bunting Magnetics Co. It states that the proclamation highlights the 30 years that Bunting was located in Newton, as well as its accomplishments and products....