Pete Rahn, State Highway Commission
- DOT Setting up Blue Ribbon Highway Funding Commission. // State Journal (WV);8/17/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p23
The article reports that the officials of West Virginia Department of Transportation (DOT) will form a blue ribbon commission which will focus on highway funding.
- PRESIDENT OKS SPENDING BILL. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/27/2008, Vol. 194 Issue 133, p5
The article reports on an omnibus spending bill, signed by U.S. President George W. Bush, that provides funding for the government's agencies for fiscal year 2008. It sets the budgets for several agencies, including the Department of Commerce and the Trade Representative's office. The compromise...
- Shorts. Sangillo, Greg // National Journal;5/27/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p71
The article reports on the appointment of Quintin C. Kendall as the first executive director of the U.S. Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Commission. The panel has been established by the federal government to find ways to finance highway and transit systems. He was the former liaison...
- Highways Agency signs Â£490m upgrade deal. Savvas, Antony // Computer Weekly;9/27/2005, p16
This article reports that the British Highways Agency has signed a Â£490m private finance initiative deal to upgrade its communications network, which includes road messaging systems, CCTV cameras, roadside emergency phones and traffic monitoring systems. The British Highways Agency currently...
- NHAI sets to award Rs. 18,000cr road projects. // FRPT- Infrastructure Snapshot;6/15/2014, p6
The article reports on the move of the government agency National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to ready a list of 11 projects that will be awarded with an investment of over 18,00 crore Rupees in India. It states the list was asked by the transport minister and the appraisal of such...
- Washington Observer. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/6/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p11
The article presents news briefs related to the U.S. construction industry. Seventeen federal agencies have agreed to a common set of sustainability principles for design, construction and operation of their facilities. The agencies, which include the General Services Administration, Department...
- RED FLAGS. // Pit & Quarry;Apr2003, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p2
Reports the claim of members of the U.S. Senate Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee that the administration's proposed budget for highways in 2004 was insufficient.
- Road rage. // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/02/98, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p10
Opinion. Reports that state governors in the United States (US) want more federal dollars for highways in their states. Governors' disappointment with the intention of US Senator John Kasich to put tax cuts ahead of financing for highways; Reference to Kasich's position as the chairman of the...
- Rush-hour legislating. // Christian Science Monitor;9/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 208, p20
Discusses the debate over the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) in the United States Congress. The funding for state highway budgets; Spending categories; Environmental concerns; Amounts spent on transportation projects.