Brian Hudson, Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency
- IRS to decide on write-off of tire tax. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;10/22/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p3
Reports the decision of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to end tire taxes inorder to settle the tractor-trailer tires argument in Washington, D.C. Recommendation of Accounting & Finance Council for the treatment of trucking companies set of tires; Controversies between IRS and trucking...
- Govt. Asks for Budget Input On Facebook. // India -- West;2/11/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 12, pA40
The article reports that government's Planning Commission urges 1.2 billion people to submit their suggestions on how taxpayers' money should be spent in New Delhi, India.
- STAWRS and the Harmonized Wage Code Project: Making Employment Tax Laws More Consistent Across Federal and State Boundaries. Corn, Philip M.; Morgan-Gaide, Midori // Tax Executive;May/Jun2001, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p197
Focuses on the Simplified Tax and Wage Reporting System (STAWRS) Program, a multi-agency partnership of several government agencies in the United States. Mission of STAWRS; Goals of the program; Background on the Harmonized Wage Code (HWC) project; Strategy of HWC in addressing tax law issues.
- Taxable sales posts gains. // Las Vegas Business Press;12/28/98, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p20
Reports on the increase in taxable sales collected by the Nevada Taxation Department.
- Appraisal district explains its future plans. Rushin, Cherry // Graham Leader;9/19/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p1A
The article reports on the move of the Young County Appraisal District to adopt its reappraisal plan for tax years 2011 and 2012 by explaining its changes in Texas.
- Regulatory Burden Out of Control. // Human Events;7/22/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p18
Presents information on a study conducted by the Cato Institute which exposed the cost that regulatory agencies place on U.S. taxpayers. Number of rules issued by regulatory agencies in 2001; Number of laws signed by the legislative and executive branches.
- Taxpayers Group Backs Regional Infrastructure Plan. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;03/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the San Diego County Taxpayers Association's support of a proposal by California legislator Steve Peace to consolidate six regional government agencies into a single agency. Lobbying generated by the bill; Reasons of the association for supporting the plan; Key provisions of the bill.
- No-ruling area. // Practical Accountant;Dec98, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on Revenue Procedure 98-56 setting forth area of Code under the jurisdiction of the Associate Chief Counsel (Domestic) and the Associate Chief Counsel (Employee Benefits and Exempt Organizations).
- Charging into action. Vahey, Rachel // Money Marketing;2/28/2008, p54
The author reflects on the move of Personal Accounts Delivery Authority (PADA) to seek a transparent outcome for the personal accounts in Great Britain. She asserts that the agency provides 50-page discussion paper on charging structures. In addition, she emphasizes that the dual charging...