Michael Hogan, MassDevelopment
- More Money. // National Mortgage News;2/26/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p4
The author reflects on the proposed fiscal 2008 budget for Native American housing. The author said that the U.S. House and Senate committees need to quickly start on addressing such proposal. President George W. Bush's administration aims to increase the guaranty money for the Department of...
- Guidance proposed for nontraditional mortgages. // North Western Financial Review;1/15/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 2, p30
This article reports that federal financial regulatory agencies of the U.S. issued guidelines on residential mortgages so that borrowers may defer the repayment of principal and interest. These non-traditional mortgages consist of "interest-only" mortgage loans and "payment option"...
- Feds must liquidate surplus property. Schatz, Tom // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);10/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p2
The author stresses the need for government agencies to liquidate surplus property in the U.S. Little has been done to achieve savings from the Federal Real Property Asset Management initiative and according to some estimates, the U.S. government may be spending $1 billion to maintain needless...
- HCA unveils private rental investment fund plan. Carpenter, Jamie // Regeneration & Renewal;5/4/2009, p1
The article reports on the move of the Homes & Communities Agency (HCA) to launch a private rental investment funding model in England. It notes that the HCA urges investors to establish a funding model which would buy private rental homes for investment. HCA states that the move is going to...
- Life beyond EMDA. // Estates Gazette;10/9/2010, Issue 1040, p82
This article discusses the impact of the planned abolition of the East Midlands Development Agency (EMDA) in England on the real property sector in the region. It highlights the move to keep decisions on development and regeneration on hold. It attributes the situation to the sector's...
- Securitizers Have More Skin in Game. Sichelman, Lew // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2009, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p26
The article reports on the establishment of the Consumer Financial Protection Agency (CFPA) proposed by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Shaun Donovan. It notes that CFPA will require mortgage brokers, funding lenders and securitizers to have vested interest in the...
- Fall--1993. Gibbons, James E. // Appraisal Journal;Oct93, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p619
Discusses financial trends in real property market. Debt and equity returns; Inflation's influence on interest rates; Real estate industry; Discount and cap rates.
- Family limited partnerships. Heidelberger, Suzanne // National Real Estate Investor;Jun95 Supplement, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p14
Discusses various aspects of family limited partnerships (FLP) in real estate planning. Valuation considerations; Alternative valuation methods; Concluding a value. INSETS: The family limited partnership.;Example..
- Too much, too soon? Hazel, Debra // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1995, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p138
Presents comments and predictions from investment analysts and retail executives concerning the financing of the retail real estate market. Includes Tommy V. Clinton of Equitable Real Estate Investment Management; Daniel Plumlee of L&B Group; Glenn Rufrano of The O'Connor Group; More.