Lee Porter, Delaware Economic Development Authority
- Silicon Valley Transit Agency Eyes Bonding Against Future Sales Tax Revenues. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/1/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31668, p48
Reports on plans of Santa Clara County, California-based Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) to legally sell its bonds, which are backed by future sales tax revenues, as of July 1, 2003. Possible utilization of sales tax revenues generated through sale of bonds; Reasons which led...
- Florida Approves $130M of Debt for Tampa Expressway. Shigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p4
Reports on the approval of the sale of revenue bonds for the Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority by the Florida cabinet. Role of the cabinet in approving the state's debt sales; Significance of the sale to complete the project.
- IRS Rejects Pittsburgh's Put Option Says Transactions Are Yield Burning. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p1
Reports on the settlement agreement between the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority. Retention of the tax-exempt status of the revenue bonds; Violation of the arbitrage provisions of the tax code; Terms of the voluntary closing agreement.
- IRS Says $330M of Orange County, Fla., Health Pool Bonds May Not Be Tax-Exempt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31655, p3
The United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) stated that $330 million of revenue bonds sold by the Orange County Health Facilities Authority in 2000 are not tax-exempt. The tax-exempt private-activity bonds were to mature on June 1, 2032, but they were redeemed on Oct. 2, 2002. The authority...
- TexDOT Hits Roadblock. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/29/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32099, p1
Focuses on the factors causing the delay of the issuance of the revenue bonds of the Texas Department of Transportation in Dallas. Need for the department heads to submit a restructured deal to the board of directors; Analysis on the turnaround time between the board's vote and the bond sale;...
- NVTA Sets First Bond Sale After Transfer Approval. Watts, Jim // Bondbuyer.com;11/20/2014, p45
The article reports on Northern Virginia Transportation Authority's (NVTA) plan to sell transportation special tax revenue bonds in December 2014 for the renewal of transportation funding system. Topics discussed include the AA-plus and Aa1 ratings by financial services companies Standard &...
- Texas Senators OK Rail Debt-Service Stream. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p4
Reports on the approval of a plan to use $15 million of job-training funds to service debt by Texas Senate Finance Committee. Utilization of the proceeds from rail bonds; Option to finance rail projects by issuing revenue bonds.
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p30
Presents a chart depicting the invisible bond supply from government agencies and other agencies in the U.S.
- Flood Control. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p51
Reports on the plans of Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control Authority to bring to market $5 million of general obligation bonds. Financial advisor and bond counsel of the authority; Areas where proceeds from the bonds will be utilized; Maturity dates of bonds.