THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Lien and Mean. Basch, Adam // BusinessWest;4/13/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p42
The article provides information on how to secure mechanic's lien statute in the construction industry in Massachusetts. The author discusses the importance of general laws chapter 254, a provision which resolves the possible results on the failure of general contractors in paying any amount to...
- Alsat TV news (4 November). // Macedonian Electronic Media Digest;11/5/2014, p2
The article offers news briefs from Republic of Macedonia as of November 2014 on topics including changes to the Law on Mandatory Social Insurance, suggestions invited from construction companies regarding European building rules, and preparation of a unified HALAL food standard.
- The Mechanic's Lien Remedy on Public-Private Partnerships. Haerr, Roger C.; Bruno, Paul A. // Construction Lawyer;Winter2012, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p31
The article explores the mechanic's lien remedy on a modern form of project delivery, the private public partnership (or P3) in the U.S. It discusses whether a mechanic's lien can be imposed on a P3 project. It is stated that the way in which lawyer frames the issues and claims is most important...
- Pressure increases to repeal N.Y.'s separate bid law. // Contractor Magazine;Aug93, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p66
Focuses on the efforts to repeal New York state's Wicks Law which requires separate bidding for major subcontractors on public construction projects. Setting up of protection for all subcontractors; Conflicting results of two studies on the advantages and disadvantages of the law.
- California adversaries renew their conflicts. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/17/95, Vol. 234 Issue 15, p24
Reports on disagreements between various construction industry representatives in Canada on the environmental proposal Senate Bill 901. Implications; Planning for projected growth; Reactions of various groups.
- ENR Washington observer. Ichniowski, Tom; Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/30/95, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p7
Reports on laws and legislation concerning the construction industry in the United States. Funding increases that will be given highways and new transit starts in fiscal 1996 under a House-Senate conference agreement on the transportation appropriations bill which; Inadequate funding for a...
- Firms list federal priorities. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/30/95, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p17
Reports on the results of a survey that rated federal legislation on its benefits to the construction industry. Percentage of firms surveyed that said reinstating the investment tax credit would have a positive impact on the industry; Grant Thornton, a Chicago, Illinois-based accounting and...
- Washington observer. Ichniowski, Tom; Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/10/96, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p9
No abstract available.
- Washington observer. Ichniowski, Tom; Winston, Sheri; Rubin, Debra // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/20/98, Vol. 240 Issue 16, p9
Presents news briefs relating to the construction industry in the United States with reference to legislation. Focus of the Department of Energy's Comprehensive National Energy Strategy; Information on the Water Resources Development Act 1998; Benefit of the Taxpayer Confidentiality Act to...