Psychopathic traits and offender characteristics -- a nationwide consecutive sample of homicidal male adolescents
- Psychopathic Personality Traits and Their Influence on Parenting Quality: Results from a Nationally Representative Sample of Americans. Beaver, Kevin; Silva Costa, Christian; Poersch, Ana; Freddi, Micheli; Stelmach, Mônica; Connolly, Eric; Schwartz, Joseph // Psychiatric Quarterly;Dec2014, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p497
Psychopathic personality traits have consistently been found to predict a range of negative and dysfunctional outcomes. As a result, it is somewhat surprising that the research to date has failed to empirically examine the potential association between psychopathic personality traits and...
- Revisiting Lynam's notion of the "fledgling psychopath": are HIA-CP children truly psychopathic-like? Michonski, Jared D.; Sharp, Carla // Child & Adolescent Psychiatry & Mental Health;2010, Vol. 4, p24
Background: In his developmental model of emerging psychopathy, Lynam proposed that the "fledgling psychopath" is most likely to be located within a subgroup of children elevated in both hyperactivity/inattention/ impulsivity (HIA) and conduct problems (CP). This approach has garnered some...
- BOY-O-METER. // Cosmo Girl;Dec2002, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p50
Presents information on the ratings given by teenage girls to a teenage guy concerning his personal style and body language.
- What's one thing girls don't know ABOUT BOYS? // Dolly;Aug2010, Issue 476, p60
The article presents views from several male teenagers on certain things that girls do not know about boys, which include the fact that boys also care about their personal appearance, their tendency to get jealous of other guys, and that boys sometimes feel like crying over sad movies.
- EVERYONE NOSE! // Dolly;Dec2010, Issue 480, p46
The article describes the personality of a teenage boy based on his nose.
- boy-o-meter. // Cosmo Girl;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p74
Presents the opinion of several girls on the physical appearance of teenage boy named Brent. First impression of him; Style of Brent; Body language.
- A CO- RELATIONAL STUDY AMONG MENTAL HEALTH, PERSONALITY DIMENSIONS & PHYSICAL FITNESS OF ADOLESCENT BOYS. PAUL, SATINDER // Golden Research Thoughts;Mar2013, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p1
The purpose of this study was to co-relate mental health, personality & physical fitness of adolescent boys of Maharashtra State. A total of 150 samples belonging to different schools from Nagpur District of Maharashtra State. The age of the samples ranged from 13-18 years and all the samples...
- The distinction between personality disorder and mental illness. Kendell, R. E. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Feb2002, Vol. 180, p110
Background Proposals by the UK Government for preventive detention of people with dangerous severe personality disorders highlight the unresolved issue of whether personality disorders should be regarded as mental illnesses. Aims To clarify the issue by examining the concepts of psychopathy and...
- The distribution of psychopathy among a household population: categorical or dimensional? Coid, Jeremy; Min Yang // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Oct2008, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p773
The study aimed to examine the distribution of psychopathic traits in a representative household population to identify whether a transition point is reached on a continuum of psychopathy to indicate a â€˜diseaseâ€™ or categorical entity. Mixture Poisson distribution and epidemiological...