A modelled economic evaluation comparing atomoxetine with methylphenidate in the treatment of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in Spain
- Mental health. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2006 Supplement, Vol. 91, pA39
The article presents abstracts of medical research. They include "Re-Audit of Management of ADHD With Methylphenidate Based on Nice Guidance," "ADHD: Collaborative Between Paediatricians and CAMHS. Does it Work?" and "A Transitional and Adult Service for Patients With ADHD. Responding to the NSF."
- Just say yes to Ritalin! Diller, Lawrence H. // Human Life Review;Winter2001, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p108
Focuses on pressures in the United States to use Ritalin to treat school children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Need to explore other options; Prerequisites to prescribing Ritalin; Concerns over Surgeon General David Satcher's statement about Ritalin being underprescribed.
- Effects of methylphenidate on the academic performance of children with attention-deficit... Carlson, Caryn L.; Bunner, Melissa R. // School Psychology Review;1993, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p184
Investigates the effects of psychostimulant medications on learning and achievement in children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Short- and long-term effects of methylphenidate; Individual differences in response to medication.
- The impact of recent lawsuits on methylphenidate sales. Safer, Daniel J. // Clinical Pediatrics;Mar1994, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p166
Focuses on the impact of lawsuits concerning alleged misuse of methylphenidate (Ritalin) treatment for hyperactivity in children. Background information; Effect on sales; Examination of government records and estimated sales; Media campaign by various groups; Intimidating aspects of lawsuits.
- Ritalin may influence serotonin balance in hyperactive children. Berger, Abi // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/23/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7178, p212
Discusses how methylphenidate or Ritalin may influence serotonin balance in hyperactive children. Effect of the drug in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD); Result of the research on the effectiveness of the drug.
- Out of Control? Sinha, Gunjan // Popular Science;Jun2001, Vol. 258 Issue 6, p48
Presents views on whether the drug Ritalin helps in treating children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). How doctors make diagnosis for the disorder; Mechanism of the drug in the human brain; Results of a study which compared the educational outcomes of ADHD children with that...
- Danish Medicines Agency reports on safety of methylphenidate. // Reactions Weekly;11/20/2010, Issue 1328, p2
The article deals with the warning issued by the Danish Medicines Agency about the use of methylphenidate in adults with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Quillivant XR Available. // Nurse Practitioners Prescribing Reference;Spring2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, pA-19
The article offers information on Quillivant XR from Pfizer, which is available to treat Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in patients less than or equal to 6 years old.
- Quillivant XR to Treat ADHD. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Nov2012, Vol. 28 Issue 11, pA-13
The article offers information regarding the approval of Quillivant XR, a methylphenidate hydrochloride extended-release oral suspension for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.