Unger Ends Pay-to-Play Initiative
- LEVITT: LOWER COSTS GOOD FOR INVESTORS AND THE INDUSTRY. // Securities Industry News;12/11/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p3
Presents excerpts from the speech of United States Securities & Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt about trends in the security industry during the Securities Industry Association's annual meeting in Boca Raton, Florida. Factors contributing to the growth of the industry; Impact of the...
- Levitt calls for central market. // Pensions & Investments;10/4/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p61
Reports on United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt's call for the creation of a central securities market in the US. Levitt's call for the repeal of New York Stock Exchange's Rule 390.
- Levitt Couldn't Stop Himself. Davis, Jeffry // Traders Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 14 Issue 179, p16
Considers the views of outgoing United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt regarding the National Market System (NMS). Historical background of the NMS; Comment on the pricing information produced by the securities markets.
- CHAIRMAN LEVITT: LINKAGES, TRANSPARENCY TOP SEC AGENDA. // Securities Industry News;03/27/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p3
Presents excerpts from the speech delivered by United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt about issues currently facing the securities industry. Impact of competition and innovation on the American capital markets; Market function served by limit orders in terms of...
- Levitt Gives Major Policy Speech in September in New York: Deja Vu All Over Again. // CPA Journal;Nov99, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p10
Presents the text of a speech given by Arthur Levitt, Chairperson of the United States Securities Exchange Commission, on September 23, 1999, which deals with the transparency of the securities market in an environment of change and competition.
- Levitt Blasts Broker Comp as 'Bad System.' Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;Nov2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p19
Focuses on the opinion of Arthur Levitt, chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, on the inequities of the securities industry. Main function of stockbrokers; How the compensation payment of branch managers are computed; Benefits of a fee based compensation.
- Industry Leaders Laud Levitt's Activist Legacy. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;01/08/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the legacy that United States Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Arthur Levitt hopes to leave the industry when he resigns in February 2001. Industry participants' recognition of Levitt's activism; Comments on Levitt's achievements.
- Earnings Management: The Effect of Ex Ante Earnings Expectations. Payne, Jeff L.; Robb, Sean W.G. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Fall2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p371
SEC Chairman Arthur Levitt has recently expressed concerns about the use of earnings management to meet Wall Street earnings expectations set by analysts' forecasts. We investigate whether managers aim to "meet or beat" analysts' forecasts and examine the influence of analysts' forecast...
- Relief And Worry At The STA! Flaherty, Robert J.; Flaherty, Brian D. // Equities;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on issues raised during the Security Traders Association's 2000 Annual Meeting. Retiring United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chairman Arthur Levitt Jr.'s legacy to the United States securities industry; Factors that have affected the stock market; Tone behind the SEC...