Panels debate when world will consider Internet 'essential'
- Carriers plan high-speed Net backbone. // InfoWorld;12/15/97, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p3
Reports on the December 1997 meeting between telecommunications carriers in Las Vegas, Nevada to discuss plans for building a high-speed global Internet backbone, code-named Project Oxygen.
- The Internet at Risk. Cerf, Vinton G. // IEEE Internet Computing;Mar2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p3
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) held its 2012 World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT) in December, where member states attempted to update the International Telecommunication Regulations (ITRs) to reflect the reality of today's telecommunication environment,...
- Telecom issues aired. // San Diego Business Journal;6/24/96, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p31
No abstract available.
- UTC sets '96 conference. // Electric Light & Power;Mar1996, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p15
Reports on telecommunications association UTC's scheduling of its 1996 Annual Conference and Exhibition for June 16-20, 1996 in Kansas City, Missouri. Organizations interested in telecommunications as target of the conference; Topics covered; Contact information.
- MTC unites with 2 other Chicago shows. // Communications News;Jan1995, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p60
Reports on the planned changes for the 1995 Midwestern Telecommunications Conference. Change of conference name to TechnoCom; Holding of the conference from June 12 to 14, 1995; Changes in the format; Collocation with NeoCon and Buildings Show conferences.
- Voice processing showcase in Singapore. Haldar, Joyita // Telecom Asia;May95, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p58
Reports on Voice Asia '95 held in Singapore which aimed to provide a showcase to the region's service providers in voice processing and computer telephony. Growth of voice automation services in the region.
- Connecting to Telecom '95. Washburn, Brian // Telecom Asia;Nov95, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p8
Editorial. Comments on Telecom '95, an international telecommunications trade show held in Geneva, Switzerland. Theme of the show; Witnessing of trends across the industry; Growth of the world information and communications sector; Challenges for Asia's carriers.
- Taking stock of the telecommunications evolution. Washburn, Brian // Telecom Asia;Nov95, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p51
Focuses on Telecom '95, an international telecommunications trade show held in Geneva, Switzerland, sponsored by the International Telecommunications Union. National networks in Asia; Restructuring of global central office (CO) switching companies including AT&T, Alcatel and Siemens; China's CO...
- Converging on Singapore. Poe, Robert // Telecom Asia;May96, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p55
Discusses various issues affecting the telecommunication industry in Asia as presented at the 1996 CommunicAsia exhibition and conference in Singapore. Convergence of computers and communications technology in the mass consumer market; Asia's influence on technology; Telecommunication products...