Ecampus.com CEO Seeks Personal Bankruptcy Protection
- Wallace's Bookstores Owner Files Chapter 11. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p10
Reports that former Kentucky Governor Wallace Wilkinson, owner of Wallace's Bookstores and ecampus.com, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Largest creditor of Wallace's Bookstores; Problems of Wilkinson; Charge made by creditors against Wilkinson. INSET: GOOD HEIR.
- Ecampus Files for Chapter 11. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;6/18/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 25, p12
Reports that ecampus.com, the online college retailer founded by Wallace Wilkinson, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Book Acquisition's takeover bid for ecampus.com; Two other companies Wilkinson owns; Speculated reason for the bankruptcy.
- Familiar Face Takes Over As CEO Of Ecampus.com Following Resignation. // Educational Marketer;08/07/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p7
Announces that former Kentucky Governor Wallace G. Wilkinson, chairman of the board of ecampus.com and one of the online college bookstore's original investors, will become the company's chief executive officer effective August 2000.
- Perfectly clear. // Progressive;Feb89, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p9
Presents Kentucky Governor Wallace Wilkinson's proposed education reform package.
- Menttium closes Southfield office. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/9/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p36
Reports business developments in Michigan as of July 2001. Closure of Menttium Corp southfield office; Petition of former Kentucky governor Wallace Wilkinson for the Fifth Amendment right; Recognition of former DaimlerChrysler AG chairman Robert Eaton and wife Connie of the 'Outstanding...
- Wilkinson Calls For Educational Perestroika'. R. R. W. // Education Week;2/1/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p13
The article reports that Governor Wallace G. Wilkinson declared that Kentucky's education system needs a dose of perestroika or restructuring. In his annual address, Wilkinson said that nothing short of a complete restructuring of the schools will allow substantial improvement. The governor has...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Education Week;4/13/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p10
The article offers news briefs concerning education in the U.S. Iowa and Kentucky governors have signed a legislation that requires public schools to offer sex-education courses. Kentucky Governor Wallace G. Wilkinson has promised to call a special session on education. The education committee...
- STATE JOURNAL. . Mirga, Tom // Education Week;3/30/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p8
The article focuses on the stand of Albert Shanker, president of the American Federation of Teachers, on the controversial education reform and budget proposals of Kentucky Governor Wallace Wilkinson. Shanker issued a statement in March 1988 that attempted to put some distance between himself...
- Education reform and economic competition. Wilkinson, Wallace G. // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/1/89, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p40
No abstract available.