Bush Education Plan Would Mean More Money For K-12, Reading
- Federal Innovation-Grant Winners to Share $135 Million. McNeil, Michele // Education Week;11/13/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p7
The article announces the recipients of the U.S. federal Investing in Innovation grant competition, funded and overseen by the U.S. Department of Education, including the University of California, Expeditionary Learning Outward Bound, and Columbia University's Teachers College.
- Demand Strong for Share of $150 Million in Latest 'i3' Cash. McNeil, Michele // Education Week;10/26/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p16
The article discusses the U.S. federal Investing in Innovation (i3) competitive grants program for the 2011 fiscal year. Many applicants to the program also applied for grants in the 2010 competition. The 2011 program highlights rural grant proposals. Applicants include the educational...
- Education Funding Up in the Air. // Black Issues in Higher Education;1/1/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the decision of U.S. Republicans to push a spending package that would increase overall funding for the Department of Education, in January 2004. Claim of conservatives against the funding initiative; Allocation of the spending package; Government programs that will be financed...
- Seven States to Take Another Race to Top Shot. McNEIL, MICHELE; KLEIN, ALYSON // Education Week;12/7/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p5
The article reports that several U.S. states including Kentucky, Louisiana, and Pennsylvania have submitted applications to the U.S. Department of Education in order to receive funding for school reforms through the Race to the Top competitive grant competition.
- Grant Awards. // ED Review;8/19/2011, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Education Department has announced grant awards under three programs.
- Baltimore Gets Federal Grant To Help Student Recovery. BLAD, EVIE // Education Week;1/13/2016, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Education's January 2016 awarding of grant to the Baltimore, Maryland district to help with its efforts to help students and schools recover from unrest after the death of African American Freddie Gray in police custody in April 2015.
- 10 STIMULATING IDEAS. KENNEDY, MIKE // American School & University;Dec2009, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p16
The article offers information on 10 U.S. federal stimulus package programs that offer financial help to educational institutions to upgrade their infrastructure. The Qualified School Construction Bonds program provides tax credits to build facilities, and the Build America Bonds program...
- Gradual BAB Drop Predicted. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;3/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33278, p1
The article reports on the projection by the Treasury Department that any congressional extension of the Build America Bonds program will come with a gradual decline in the subsidy rate in the U.S. in 2010. It mentions that the department also expected that lawmakers may never cut the rate to...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;2/28/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 40, p13646
The article offers information on notices from the U.S. Department of Education. It mentions that applications for the Impact Aid Discretionary Construction Grant program for fiscal year (FY) 2013 is until April 15, 2013. It notes that the 2012-2013 ISIR Guide and the 2012-2013 Federal Student...