Editorial: Social determinants of child health and well-being
- IN BRIEF. // International Perspectives on Sexual & Reproductive Health;Jun2013, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p57
This section offers news briefs on sexual and reproductive health including the portrait of the well-being of youth worldwide as described in the "World's Youth 2013 Data Sheet," the abortion wall chart released by the United Nationsl (UN) Population Division, and the annual compilation of...
- Supportive and motivating environments in school: Main factors to make well-being and learning a reality. Danielsen, Anne G. // Norsk Epidemiologi;2010, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p33
The author examined the relationships between (i) school-related social support from parents, teachers, and classmates, respectively, and students' perceived life satisfaction; and (ii) school-related social support from teachers and classmates and self-reported academic initiative. The analyses...
- Rio Political Declaration on Social Determinants of Health: A Snapshot of Canadian Actions 2015. Stankiewicz, A.; Herel, M.; DesMeules, M. // Maladies Chroniques et Blessures au Canada;Sep2015, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p113
The article focuses on the Rio Political Declaration on Social Determinants of Health, that aims at improving living conditions affecting health of all the World Health Organization (WHO) member states including Canada.
- How to be happy. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;9/26/2015, Vol. 227 Issue 3040, p1
The article discusses the World Health Organization's (WHO's) development of standards for well-being, which includes life satisfaction, economic security and education.
- Malnutrition and the disproportional burden on the poor: the case of Ghana. Van de Poel, Ellen; Hosseinpoor, Ahmad Reza; Jehu-Appiah, Caroline; Vega, Jeanette; Speybroeck, Niko // International Journal for Equity in Health;2007, Vol. 6, p21
Background: Malnutrition is a major public health and development concern in the developing world and in poor communities within these regions. Understanding the nature and determinants of socioeconomic inequality in malnutrition is essential in contemplating the health of populations in...
- 30 percent of world's kids malnourished. // Nation's Health;Mar94, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the health condition of the world's children by the World Health Organization. Percentage of the world's children under five years old who are malnourished and underweight; Geographical breakdown; Decline in the number of protein-energy malnourished children in other countries except...
- Child and adolescent health and development. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;2/25/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p65
Reports global developments on child and adolescent health (CAH) as of February 2000. Administration of technical briefings in English by the World Health Organization department of CAH; Evolution of strategies for the control of major childhood diseases; Development of instruments to assist...
- India Has Most Kids with Iron Deficiency: WHO. // India -- West;3/25/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 18, pA31
The article reports on a statement by the World health Organization (WHO) on March 16, 2011 which identifies India as having the world's highest number of children with iron deficiency.
- From ladder to platform: a new concept for pain management. Leung, Lawrence // Journal of Primary Health Care;Sep2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p254
BACKGROUND: Pain remains one of the top five reasons for consultations in general practice, presenting either alone or as comorbidity. The World Health Organization (WHO) analgesic ladder proposed in 1986 has been the cornerstone of pain management, but is often inadequate in daily practice,...