The relationship between policy and place: The role of school meals in addressing health inequalities
- School Sports Partnership axed. // British Journal of Wellbeing;Dec2010, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the concerns in the government's decision to cut from the funding of School Sports Partnership programme in Great Britain. It notes that the programme intends to advance sporting opportunities for children and its budget cuts may have an effect on children's well-being in...
- Untitled. Coryton, Demitri; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Education Parliamentary Monitor;May2010, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p542
The article focuses on British parliamentary and government activities and concerns for the month of May 2010. A look at important events is presented which include the ban on smacking children and the rise in adult learners. Several education questions, including those on school transport and...
- Untitled. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;Jun2010, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p611
The article discusses Parliamentary and government activities of interest to the education sector in June 2010 in Great Britain. These activities relate to free school meals, early years teaching, social work review, school admissions, children in detention, emergency budget, and primary and...
- Events in August. // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Aug2010, Issue 46, p663
This article presents updates on issues and forthcoming events that concern politics and government in Great Britain in August 2010. It is reported that primary school children in England aged 11 have shown improvement in English and mathematics based on test results. Local Government...
- Parliament. Thomas, Joe // Marketing (00253650);5/19/2010, p21
The article questions whether a change in administration in Great Britain be enough to restore faith in politics.
- SOAP BOX. // PRWeek (London);6/21/2013, p13
The article discusses developments related to politics and government in Great Britain as of June 21, 2013.
- Prezza bowls a Googly. Eaton, George // New Statesman;4/19/2010, Vol. 139 Issue 4997, p12
Presented are a number of news stories on British politics in advance of the May 2010 election in Great Britain.
- Parliamentary and Government Activity in January. Coryton, Demitri; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Jan2010, Issue 39, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on political sessions in Great Britain and one on British committee reports.
- Peer pressure. Brasher, Stephen // New Statesman;3/21/2011, Vol. 140 Issue 5045, p59
The article discusses a number of political candidates in Great Britain who are fighting a 2011 off-year election to replace Lord Strabolgi, a deceased Labour Party member of the house of lords, and include the aristocrats Viscount Hanworth, a Labour Party candidate, and Viscount Addison, of the...