Print Isn't Dead
- ON THE SUPPLY SIDE. // Editor & Publisher;05/15/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p40
Presents news briefs related to the newspaper equipment and supplies industry as of May 15, 2000. Baseview Products Inc.'s installation of the ProductionManagerPro software at three sites for storage and tracking of advertisements; Western Lithotech's development of a photopolymer substractive...
- Sidelines Made By Hand. Clark, Cynthia // Publishers Weekly;8/28/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 35, p29
Provides information on several letterpress and handmade cards and papers with artisan-created, art-related sidelines in the United States. Products of Saturn Press, of Swan's Island, Maine; Description of the cards at Wright Card Co. of San Francisco, California; Features of the products of...
- Transform your photos into breathtaking woodcut art. Dick, Michelle // Inside Photoshop;2013, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
The article offers step-by-step instructions for transforming photos into woodcut art in the graphics editing program Adobe Photoshop.
- Photopolymer plates ensure on-press color consistency. // Packaging Digest;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p184
Reports that in an effort to improve color control in printing liner stock, Weyerhaeuser Company's IMPAK Center for Graphics Packaging changed to photopolymer plates. Business operations of the company; Name of the plates; How the plates work.
- Process extension. // Printing World;2/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the extension of the plate processor range of IGP with the launch of its PlatePro+CTP version. Handling of photopolymer plates used in newspaper and commercial print markets; Preheat and prewash system with a chiller in the development tank; Company's delivery of its first Thermaline...
- 2 approaches to woodcut printing. Thompson, Ruthe // American Artist;Nov1993, Vol. 57 Issue 616, p52
Presents the works of woodcut artists Ann Klingensmith and Lennis Moore. Comparisons and contrasts of their woodcut printing techniques; Art educational background; Benefits of their cooperative efforts; Choice of materials for the woodcut printing; Insights on each other's work.
- Crafty printers revive Gutenberg's legacy. Roper, Jenny // PrintWeek;3/23/2012, p18
The article discusses the revival of the letterpress in the 21st century as it appeals to a public deemed bored by overly polished, mass market print. For 500 years, the process is regarded as the most functional, commercially viable method of mass communication, traveling from 1440 to 2012...
- Polish order. // Printing World;11/18/2002, Vol. 280 Issue 7, p23
Reports the supply of Dantex Graphics of Aquaflex DTP480 III photopolymer plate processor to Introl in Poland.
- Sheet Photopolymer Plate Technology Makes Advances. NAYMAN, DREW M. // Paperboard Packaging;Mar99, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p34
Provides information on sheet photopolymer plate technology. Platemaking steps followed by sheet photopolymer plates; Discussion on digitally imaged photopolymer plates; Features of aqueous-processed sheet photopolymer plates.