- South Africa's Growing Pains. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/21/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p18
Focuses on disinflation in South Africa. Decline in consumer prices; Yield widening in South Africa; Status of the external debt; Percentage of unemployment in South Africa.
- IN THE NEWS. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/16/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p2
The article presents updates related to business condition in Spokane, Washington. The Employment Security Department states the decline of wage and salary employment in the city for about 211,200 as of June 2009. Meanwhile, the home prices have accelerated up to 177,500 dollars from $165,500 in...
- Fed Has Grip on Reins of Inflation. Sayles, William // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;7/7/2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the issuance of a press release by the Federal Open Markets Committee about the probability of an unwelcome substantial fall in inflation in 2003. Increase in personal consumption expenditures price index; Differences between the U.S. and Japanese economies in terms of deflation;...
- Riding On The Coat-tails. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/31/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p10
Offers an outlook on the performance of short-term exchange rate in Latin America in 2004. Percentage of increase in consumer price index in April; Consumer price deflation in May; Decline in unemployment rate in April; Currency forecasts made by BMI.
- String of layoffs hits industry. Springer, Jon // SN: Supermarket News;Nov2015, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p38
The article reports on the ongoing employee layoff trend in the supermarket industry in the U.S. It mentions that five large food retailers and wholesalers cutback their support staff during October 2015. It informs that supermarket chains like Haggen and A&P witnessed thousands of jobs cut in...
- Oil Jobs Sink But Claims Low. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/8/2015, pA01
7 Planned job cuts leapt 68% to a 3-year high in April, Challenger said, with 34% due directly to oil prices. Layoff announcements in the first 4 months of the year were 25% higher than in '14. But jobless claims continue to hover at lows last seen in '00. Economists expect the gov't to announce...
- THE GOAL OF MONETARY REFORM. Reisman, George // Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics;Fall2000, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p3
Proposes that a 100-percent-reserve gold standard would guarantee against deflation-depression. Information on price decline and deflation; Discussion on production and supply increases of business profits; Definition of deflation; Considerations in defining deflation.
- Greek consumer prices fall in February. // Regional Today;3/11/2014, p2
The article reports on the continuing economic deflation in Greece, the highest recorded since November 1960, evidenced by slow growth of European Union-harmonized deflation rate in January 2014 and fall of its consumer prices in February 2014, as stated by Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- The threat of deflation. OLIVER, SHANE // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2015, Issue 176, p10
The author discusses the possible sustained occurrence of bad deflation in Australia as of March 2015 due to such factors as declining commodity prices.