Malaysia's 40 Richest
- Maxis Communications' largest shareholder reduces stake. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Jul2012, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p9
The article reports that around MYR 2.35 billion shares had reportedly been divested in Malaysia-based local telecommunications provider Maxis Communications Bhd by its largest shareholder Ananda Krishnan.
- Maxis Communications' largest shareholder reduces stake. // Telecom Mergers & Acquisitions;Jul2012, p15
The article reports on shareholder Ananda Krishnan's disinvestment of 375 million shares in telecommunications provider Maxis Communications Bhd.
- Meet Kuala Lumpur's Mr. Big. Ellis, Eric // Fortune International (Europe);11/12/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p17
Reports on Ananda Krishnan, a Malaysian businessman who secured a large corporate loan for his Maxis Communications cellular telephone network. Krishnan's other holdings including Malaysia's only satellite system and a national cable franchise; How he secured the loan.
- Malaysia/Singapore. // Asian Pacific Post;5/11/2007, p21
The article presents news briefs related to Malaysia and Singapore. Jian Liang, an associate professor at Singapore's Nanyang Technological University, was fined for spiting at a security guard over a parking dispute in September 2006. Malaysian mobile telephone company, Maxis Communications,...
- Malaysia's 40 Richest. Bahree, Megha; Ellson, Jennifer; Nam, Suzanne; Doebele, Justin // Forbes Asia;6/4/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p35
This articles presents the 40 richest people in Malaysia. It explains that the collective wealth of these 40 richest Malaysians grew to $43 billion in June 2007 from $26 billion in 2006. The richest Malaysian is Robert Kuok who is worth $7.6 billion. Next is Ananda Krishnan with assets worth...
- Malaysia's 40 Richest. NAM, SUZANNE; CHEN, CAROLINE; LIM, NOELLE; NGUYEN, LAN ANH; MERTENS, BRIAN; KOO, MEE-HYOE // Forbes Asia;Mar2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p36
The article talks about some of richest people in Malaysia, including Robert Kuok, Ananda Krishnan, and Lee Kim Hua. It is stated that the fortunes of the country's 40 richest have kept rising. Robert Kuok made his money in sugar, palm oil, shipping, and property. Robert's primary source of...
- Betting on Casinos. NAM, SUZANNE; JETLEY, NEERJA; KARMALI, NAAZNEEN; MERTENS, BRIAN; NGUYEN, LAN ANH; OLSEN, ROBERT; SAVAGE, PHYLLIS FANG // Forbes Asia;Mar2012, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p36
The article presents information on the 40 richest business people in Asia. Robert Kuok, owner of Kuok Group made his money in sugar, palm oil, shipping and property. Ananda Krishnan, owner of Maxis Communications, has his entire power portfolio in Malaysia, South Asia and the Middle East. Lee...
- Malaysia's 40 Richest. Nam, Suzanne; Bahree, Megha; Chen, Caroline; Nguyen, Lan Ann; Perkinson, Glen; Viswanathan, Meenakshi // Forbes Asia;6/2/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p37
The article presents information on 40 richest people of Malaysia which include Robert Kuok, Ananda Krishnan, and Quek Leng Chan. Kuok whose total asset was assessed to be $10 billion has been involved in many businesses, including Hong Kong property, media, and his holding in palm oil company...
- Quiet Contributor. Mertens, Brian // Forbes Asia;Mar2010, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p56
The article presents information about Malaysian tycoon Ananda Krishnan, owner of a multinational empire that has boosted his fortune to more than 7 billion dollars. Krishnan is the second-richest person in Southeast Asia. He was born in a middle class family and earned his undergraduate degree...