- Dot-com IPOs: Let's Call the Whole Thing Off. Rombel, Adam // Global Finance;Jun2000, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p33
Reports on the withdrawal of Internet companies to go public in April and May 2000. Outlook on the initial public offerings (IPO) market; Comments from dot-com companies; IPO plans of some companies.
- A 123 braves IPO waters. // Sustainable Industries;Nov2009, Issue 81, p15
The article reports on the initial public offering (IPO) by lithium-ion battery maker A123 Systems in September 2009, described as one of the best-performing IPOs. It mentions that the key to the company's successful NASDAQ debut was the U.S. government's stimulus funds which rallied investors...
- Investors proceed with caution. Irish, John // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/1/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 26, p62
Reports on the status of the capital investment market in United Arab Emirates as of July 2005. Factors that influenced the growth of the market; Forecasts on the 2005 second quarter market performance; Impact of initial public offerings on investor interests.
- Market States and Initial Returns: Evidence from Taiwanese IPOs. Jen-Sin Lee; Chin-Tai Kuo; Pi-Hsia Yen // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p6
This paper investigates the different affecting patterns of the determinants of initial returns under different market states for Taiwanese IPOs. Contrary to the prior literature, this paper estimates the sample separated from different market states, including bullish, bearish, and range-bound...
- Hoover's scorecard confirms decline in new offerings. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 28, p34
Reports on the decrease in the number of initial public offerings (IPO) in the U.S. Total number of companies that went public; Hesitation of investors to invest in companies when resulting IPO proceeds go to debt or company insiders; Number of IPOs in the country.
- The Investors' Bad Genes. Sacirbey, Omar // Traders Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 171, p24
Deals with investing in genomics-related companies. Warning to short-term investors owning shares in genomics-related companies; Some of the companies expected to reap profits from the Human Genome Project; Impact of genome discovery on initial public offerings of genomics-related companies.
- Manchester United's $100m US IPO in doubt. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;7/16/2012, p15
The article reports that the Manchester United Football Club's 100 million dollars U.S. flotation is in doubt after American investors shared their grievances against its initial public offering (IPO). According to Jeff Sica, chief investment officer at Sica Wealth Management, the chances of...
- Risk Proxies and IPO Underpricing: An Empirical Investigation. Sahoo, Seshadev; Rajib, Prabina // IUP Journal of Applied Finance;Oct2011, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p38
This paper is motivated by the apparent belief that risk and uncertainty surrounding an Initial Public Offering (IPO) have significant impact on underpricing. IPOs are underpriced on initial day to compensate for the risk inherent in it. While a list of risk proxies are suggested in literature,...
- THE INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE OF MESDAQ MARKET INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERINGS (IPOs). Ahmad-Zaluki, Nurwati A.; Kect, Lim Boon // Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting & Finance;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
This study provides evidence on both the short-run and long-run investment performance of Malaysian initial public offering (IPO) companies that are listed on the MESDAQ Market. The factors that influence the performance are also investigated. In line with past Malaysian studies, the results of...