Buy Junky Currencies
- KornÃ©l Kisgergely: Carry trade. Kisgergely, Kornél // MNB Bulletin;Jun2010, p31
This study summarises the basic facts related to the investment strategy known as carry trade. Carry trade is a leveraged investment transaction limited to the foreign exchange market. Foreign investors can only realise extra return if they also assume the risk of exchange rate fluctuations....
- International Trade. Humpage, Owen F.; Herrell, Caroline // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2010, p14
The article focuses on the impact of the U.S. monetary policy, that is fueling a dollar carry trade, on the depreciation of dollar. It states that the dollar declined about 10 percent in the end of 2009 from that in March 2009. It discusses ways the dollar-carry-traded transactions are...
- Forint steady to mixed on interbank market. // Hungary A.M.;8/29/2013, p4
The article reports on the standing of Hungarian forint which was at 301.04 to the euro on August 28, 2013 on the interbank foreign exchange market, up from 301.83 on the preceding day.
- Investor Overconfidence and the Forward Premium Puzzle. Burnside, Craig; Han, Bing; Hirshleifer, David; Wang, Tracy Yue // Review of Economic Studies;Apr2011, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p523
We offer an explanation for the forward premium puzzle in foreign exchange markets based upon investor overconfidence. In the model, overconfident individuals overreact to their information about future inflation, which causes greater overshooting in the forward rate than in the spot rate. Thus,...
- Back to the carry trade. Cofnas, Abe // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2010, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on the emergence of traditional carry trade which results from the shift in global economic conditions to an expected growth mode. It describes carry trade as a play on interest rate differentials and claims that it works through selling or borrowing low interest currencies....
- Dampening the Global Risk Appetite Cycle. PERSAUD, AVINASH // Economic & Political Weekly;11/7/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 45, p10
The article offers information on the effectiveness of the macro-prudential tools in the foreign exchange markets worldwide. The topics discussed include the two sources of international capital flows, the primary purpose of using the said tool and its efficacy in resolving the risk-appetite...
- MARKET MONITOR. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p19
Highlights the foreign exchange market data worldwide. Peso of Argentina; Real from Brazil; Rand of South Africa.
- Egypt: EGP Weakening Belies Strong Fundamentals. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/8/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p19
The article speculates on the continuity of Egypt's carry trade for 2010 after an apparent reversal in the Egyptian pound's multi-month appreciatory drive caused by dollar strength.
- Spillovers of currency carry trade returns, market risk sentiment, and U.S. market returns. Lee, Hsiu-Chuan; Chang, Shu-Lien // North American Journal of Economics & Finance;Dec2013, Vol. 26, p197
Highlights: [â€¢] This paper examines the link between spillovers of currency carry trade returns and U.S. market returns. [â€¢] Empirical results present a high magnitude of spillover effects of currency carry trade markets. [â€¢] Empirical results show a significantly positive...