- Electric car battery production looms large in West Michigan. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/5/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p3
The article discusses the development of the electric car battery industry in West Michigan. According to the author, the lithium-ion battery production for electric vehicles in the U.S. is facilitated by the federal government's stimulus program. An It notes that an LG Chem plant will begin...
- A Huge Cash Infusion in Tough Times. Ruggeri, Amanda // U.S. News & World Report;Apr2009, Vol. 146 Issue 3, p30
The article spells out components of the $50 billion budget allocated for energy and renewable energy sources in the U.S. economic stimulus bill. Funding will go to the electrical grid, advanced battery technology, home weatherization, states and towns, and electric and hybrid cars. Funds are...
- Building Batteries for Electric Cars. Bullis, Kevin // Technology Review;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p80
The article focuses on the production of advanced lithium-ion batteries for electric and hybrid cars at A123 Systems Inc. It states that the new battery factory of A123 in Livonia, Michigan will have the capability for the production of 30,000 battery packs every year once the equipment are...
- Stimulus Funds Save 250,000 Jobs Nationwide, Says White House. // NSTA Express;11/2/2009, p1
The article reports that the U.S. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 has saved 250,000 jobs across the country including educators in school districts and universities.
- Tracking the stimulus. Prow, Chuck // Hill;9/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 98, p25
In this article the author discusses the stimulus funding worth 787 billion dollars that will be dispersed in the U.S. by the end of 2010 .
- opinion: JUAN WILLIAMS. Williams, Juan // Hill;2/27/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p19
The author discusses the ramifications of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2012 in the U.S.
- Positive March jobs figures to bolster Dems, Obwna. SWANSON, IAN // Hill;3/31/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p4
The article reports on the author's views regarding the expectation that the U.S. economy will be adding hundreds of thousands of jobs in March 2010 which is an indication that the 787 billion dollars in stimulus package of the administration of President Barack Obama is working.
- By the numbers. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/10/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the federal stimulus dollars received by New Hampshire being the part of the U.S. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act signed by U.S. president Barack Obama in February 2009.
- Proposed Training Center Draws Fire Maryland's Eastern Shore Targeted for Stimulus-Funded Facility. Nash, Betty Joyce // Region Focus;Summer2010, p3
The article reports that the proposed funding of 70 million dollars form the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 for the construction of the Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Maryland's Eastern Shore has drawn mixed reactions.