Revolutionizing Building Design: GET READY
- Learning to 'Walk the Talk'. Arnold, Scott // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2011, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the Engineering Green Buildings Conference, the Optimum Buildings Conference, and the event HVACR Week Thursday Night Extravaganza.
- REDUCING HEAT ISLAND EFFECT WITH GREEN BUILDING STANDARD CHANGES. // Appliance Design;Jul2011, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p8
No abstract available.
- THE TERMS OF Engagement. Beverly, Robert // Engineered Systems;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the July 2008 issue of the journal "Engineered Systems," including one by Lindsay Audin on various columns of advices about large-scale utility special programs and lighting retrofits and another on the Green Sustainable Building Controls...
- Welsh research centre drives development of low carbon building technology. Harris, Stephen // Engineer (Online Edition);12/15/2011, p1
The article reports that Sustainable Building Envelope Centre (SBEC) engineers in Deeside, Wales is working on low carbon building technology which could help turn buildings to power stations.
- From Entertainment to Scholarship. Perusek, Anne M. // SWE Magazine;Summer2009, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "Greening the Field of Dreams," by Meredith Holmes, "Technology Thrills: A Behind-the Scenes View," by Sandra Guy and an annual review of the literature on women in engineering.
- Green building worth the price. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the cost benefit analysis of green buildings by the Sustainable Building Task Force from California. Comparison of costs between green buildings with regular designs; Economy of the investment; Average life cycle savings.
- Sustainable infrastructure rating system previewed. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/29/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p20
The article reports on the sustainable infrastructure certification program that will be launched by the American Society of Civil Engineers in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Welcome to the New Era. Hutlock, Todd // Healthcare Building Ideas;Winter2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p6
The author reflects on the changes on the publications made to the magazine "Healthcare Building Ideas" in the U.S. He cites that the editorial portion of the magazine will focus on the key relationships between the construction, engineering and design teams. He further states that Building...
- ECOBUILD PRESENTS OPPORTUNITY TO UNITE BEHIND GREEN DEAL. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb2014, p36
The article reports that Sustainable Building Solutions (SBS), a division of the Travis Perkins Group, is emphasizing the importance of supporting the Green Deal initiative of the British government.