- Accounting for the Multinational Firm: Is the Translation Process Valued by the Stock Market. Soo, Billy S.; Soo, Lisa Gilbert // Accounting Review;Oct94, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p617
Examines stock market considerations in the transaction and translation of gains and losses when pricing equity securities. Effect of earnings-related information to stockholders' equity; Data requirements.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;12/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31031, p32
No abstract available.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;10/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30999, p29
Presents charts depicting stock market statistics in the United States. Comparison of general obligation yields from 2001 to 2030; Information on the prices of securities; Details of the Bond Buyer municipal bond index.
- A holistic approach to security evaluation. Subramaniam, Sam // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2010, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p46
The article discusses two techniques for measuring equity markets such as fundamental analysis and technical analysis in the U.S. It notes that fundamental equity traders rely on earnings growth or valuation ratios to choose securities, while technical traders use trading volume patterns or...
- Companies invest in themselves. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/29/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that S&P 500 Index companies spent almost $349 billion on buybacks in 2005. Buybacks in 2005 represented about 3.1% of the index's market capitalization. This is the highest percentage in the last 15 years. During 1994-2004, nonfinancial U.S. companies issued more stock than...
- Retail Stocks Rise 2 Percent. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/21/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 14, p10
The article reports that retail stocks listed across the U.S. exchanges rose 2 percent after analysts presented a positive outlook of the retail sector. The S&P Retail Index moved up by 7.64 points to reach 399.86. J. Crew Group Inc. also jumped 9.4 percent to 35.50 dollar. The Dow Jones...
- $TOCKS REPORT. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/8/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 43, p22A
This article presents information on stock prices of various companies listed by National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ). The bulls charged through Wall Street after orthotics maker Langer Inc. NASDAQ announced that it completed its $15.5 million merger with...
- Contrary to Popular Opinion. Greenberg, Dean // Inside Tucson Business;2/7/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p8
The article reports that given the performance of the stock market last month one would think that the U.S. economy was headed for a downturn. When the investing public demonstrates a complete lack of interest in acquiring and holding securities, those with the means to sell do so, confident...
- Physicians Formula Shares Begin Trading on Nasdaq. Prior, Molly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/10/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 100, p10
The article reports that Physicians Formula made its stock market debut Thursday, with shares opening at $20 on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, up from its initial public offering (IPO) price. Shares closed at $19.72. The mass market beauty firm priced its IPO at $17 a share, in line with its...