Oklahoma Medicaid Agency's Budget Woes May Impact Hospitals
- States Face $17.5B Shortfall; Tobacco May Help or Hinder. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p5
Reports on a collective budget gap in Washington in the year 2003. Decline in income revenues; Increase in Medicaid and elementary and secondary education costs; Reason for the increase in Medicaid costs.
- Moving in on Medicaid. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p15
Reports that federal budget cuts have prompted states to review their Medicaid programs. Background information on health programs; Information on The Westchester Plan; Staff from Department of Social Services to educate patients; Comments from officials.
- `Kick that block!'. Stoil, Michael J. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct95, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p6
Comments on the proposed changing of Medicaid into a block grant to each state to cut the federal deficit and finance tax cuts. Medicaid expenditures in fiscal 1993; Imposition of annual cap on Federal Medicaid spending; Opposition from health organizations.
- CHA proposes budget alternative. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;11/27/95, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p36
Reports that the Catholic Health Association is proposing a balanced-budget plan that seeks less than half the Medicaid and Medicare savings of United States congressional deficit-elimination plans but $39 billion more than President Bill Clinton wants. Features of CHA's plan; Recognition that...
- KENTUCKY: Budget Has Medicaid Hole. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/24/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33488, p9
The article reports on the effort of the Kentucky Legislature to come up with an agreement to plug a 176 million U.S.-dollar deficit in the state's Medicaid program in 2011.
- Can state find another Mediscam? // New Hampshire Business Review;4/19/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p11A
Reports on the increasing deficit in New Hampshire's budget as of 2002. Plan to tap into the federal Medicaid fund for a major part of the deficit; Information on a fiscal crisis in the early 1990s; Comments on the television ads by gubernatorial candidates.
- Penny wise and pound foolish. Kirby, Thornton // South Carolina Business;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p25
The article focuses on the effect of the reduction of the Medicaid budget on the business and individuals to address the concern on budget deficit in South Carolina.
- Lothian trust denies staff cuts are due to PFI hospital. Pryde, Andrew // Public Finance;9/14/2001-9/20/2001, p11
Reports on the Scottish Executive order to the Lothian University Hospitals Trust to reduce its spending to prevent potential deficit for the financial year 2001. Plans to displace employees to reduce costs; Redeployment and retraining of employees.
- Miami-Dade Officials Face $230 Million Hospital Deficit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33282, p4
The article reports on the 230 million dollars deficit encountered by the Miami-Dade County Commission officials in Miami.