Mayor Unveils $3.5 Billion FY2002 Budget at 'Love Fest'
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...
- L.A. Plans $300M of Debt, But County Thinking Smaller. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p25
The city of Los Angeles, California plans to issue about $300 million of general obligation and lease revenue bonds in 2004, while Los Angeles County anticipates issuing only about $55 million of short-term paper this year. Mayor James Hahn's $5 billion budget includes a $214 million increase...
- N.Y.'s $2.3B Tobacco Deal Coming Next Week. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p1
This article reports that New York will sell $2.3 billion in tobacco bonds the beginning of the week of June 9, 2003, half of the $4.2 billion in tobacco debt the Legislature authorized to help finance the state's $92.8 billion budget. Under legislation passed by the state, the state...
- Arizona Budget Deal Could Leave Time to Consider $1B of Bond Projects. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p42
Arizona legislators expect to complete the procedure of a 6.4 billion dollar budget during mid-June 2003 after Senate Democrats agreed to only a 200 million dollar spending increase. Approval of the budget on June 9 or 10, 2003 could leave the legislature time to consider more than one billion...
- California Budget in Sight. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p1
Reports on the plan of California Assembly lawmakers to approve Senate budget proposal by July 29, 2003 viewing the legality of using $10.7 billion of deficit bonds in order to resolve budget shortfall in the state. Proposal regarding taxes in the budget; Views of Republican and Democrat...
- Pennsylvania Budget Talks Hamper GOs. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p1
Reports on the negotiations over Pennsylvania's fiscal 2004 budget. Plan of selling general obligation bonds; Enactment of the capital budget act; Establishment of a maximum amount of debt.
- Texas Boom Sets Off Bond Talk. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p1
Reports on the bond issues being planned by Texas. Bonds for prison building; Use of federal grant anticipation debt for highway construction; Factors that have contributed to the need for a larger budget.
- California GOP: Use Surplus, Not Bonds, for Capital Work. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31036, p35
Reports on the suggestion of California Republican lawmakers to use part of the 2000 budget surplus to pay cash for a variety of construction works usually funded by bonds. Revenue received by the state; Proposal of Democrats for a school bond ballot measure.
- California's $1B GO Sale a First Step in Restructuring Plan. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p36
Reports on the status of the sale by California's general obligation bond despite the delay power purchase bond sale and decrease in potential budget. Transaction based on the structure in the official statement; volatility in the state regarding California's budget problem; Need of...
- Deadline Met, Utah Lawmakers Balance Budget, OK Bond Plans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p3
Reports on the efforts of lawmakers in Utah for balancing the budget for the year 2002. Approval of budget for 2003; Addition of general obligation bonds for the payment of capital projects; Bonds approved by the lawmakers; Plans to sell light-rail line to private investors for tax benefits.