Committee OKs Ed. and Tax Proposal
- RAIDS ON THE WAR BUDGET. Wheeler, Winslow T. // Government Executive;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p74
Reports on the efforts of the U.S. Senate as of December 2002 to pass a multi-billion dollar emergency supplemental appropriation that President George W. Bush requested in March 2002 for homeland defense and the war in Afghanistan. Invocation of a cloture on the bill by Senators; Purpose of...
- Tax Legislation: Economic Stimulus Package Ready for Full Senate Debate. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p4
Focuses on the provisions of the economic stimulus bill, expected to be debated in the U.S. Senate in November 2001. Extension of the Qualified Zone Academy Bond Program; Eligibility criteria for home loans financed by tax exempt revenue bonds.
- State and Local Finance: Moratorium on Internet Tax Extended By Senate, Will Not Lapse Until 2003. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p4
Reports on the approval of an extension bill by the U.S. Senate that grants a two year extension to the federal moratorium on Internet access taxes and Internet-specific taxes. Provisions of the bill; Contentious issues regarding Internet access taxes.
- Privacy for shoppers and more. Mulroy // Business News New Jersey;11/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p16
Focuses on developments in the United States Senate. Includes update on the election race for the US Senate seat that will be vacated by retiring Senator Frank Lautenberg; Full Senate approval of the legislative bill (S-1031) which aims to protect the personal privacy of individuals shopping in...
- Prohibition Legislation in the Senate. // Congressional Digest;Mar1930, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p78
Focuses on various bills and resolutions dealing with the prohibition problem, being considered for ratification in the U.S. Senate as of March 1, 1930. Overview of the U.S. Prohibition Reorganization Act of 1930, which seeks to transfer the prohibition enforcement machinery from the U.S....
- CHRONICLE. // America;12/27/1913, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p265
This section offers news briefs in the U.S. as of December 1913. The U.S. Senate has passed the Administration Currency bill by a vote of 54 to 34 on December 19. San Francisco, California has been granted water rights in the Hetch Hetchy Valley with the signing of the Hetch Hetchy Bill by U.S....
- CA: Displaced Property Service Employee Opportunity Act Fails. // GPP eNews;9/16/2011, p7
The article reports on the failure of Assembly Bill 350 to obtain final approval by the U.S. Senate before the Legislature adjourned on September 9, 2011.
- ISLAND TO RECEIVE EQUALITY IN TITLE I FEDERAL PROGRAM. // Caribbean Business;12/20/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p59
Reports the possibility of approval on the federal legislation by the United States Senate to accord Puerto Rico equal treatment under the Title One educational program. Comments of Governor Sila Calderon on the legislation; Proposition of financial aid to elementary and high school students of...
- Senate okays no-snoop bill. // Advocate;6/10/70, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the passage of the bill by U.S. Senate which aimed at protecting the privacy of federal employees.