Panel Head: New Monitoring Body May Be Needed to Oversee D.C.'s Affairs
- Governors Talk Up Munis Ahead of Hearing on House Bill. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;2/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33462, p4
The article reports on the status of the scheduled hearing of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee to discuss its municipal debt in the U.S.
- House overrides veto of securities law reform. // Human Events;1/12/96, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p22
Reports that the House overrode President Bill Clinton's veto of HR 1058, a bill to curb meritless class-action lawsuits against companies whose stock performs are below expectations. Contents of bill; Names of Republicans and Democrats that are for and against bill.
- Doom 2000 D.C. // PC Week;5/6/96, Vol. 13 Issue 18, pE3
Reports on the US House Government Reform and Oversight Committee's hearing on the effects of the year 2000 to computer systems.
- Who's the bossie? Tyrell Jr., R. Emmett // American Spectator;Jul98, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p17
Editorial. Criticizes the actions of David Bossie as chief investigator of the United States House Government and Oversight Committee. Comment on the conservative Republicans; Contents of Bossie's resignation letter; Implications of Bossie's resignation to the Republicans.
- Bill would quiet `silent PPOs'. // AHA News;10/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the US House Government Reform and Oversight Subcommittee on Civil Service's approval of the Federal Employees Health Care Protection Act of 1997.
- (CONGRESS) HR 829: Get Your Taxes in Order if You Want Federal Grants. // Community Health Funding Week;4/15/2011, p4
A summary of the legislative bill HR 829 approved by the U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that would stop organizations gaining federal contracts or grants in case of significant outstanding tax returns, is presented.
- No Delivery on Reform. // Government Executive;Aug2002, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p15
Reports the failure to implement postal reform legislation at the U.S. House Government Reform and Oversight Committee. Sponsorship of Republican John McHugh on the bill; Purpose of the legislation; Absence of a debt repayment plan.
- Burton bandwagon rolls along. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;7/12/97, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p1426
Reports on Republican support for Representative Dan Burton's chairmanship of the US House Government Reform and Oversight Committee. Investigation of the 1996 fund-raising campaign scandal; Complaints the against committee and Burton; Burton's supporters.
- Democrats finally agree to immunize four Burton witnesses. Hopkins, Kara // Human Events;07/10/98, Vol. 54 Issue 26, p4
Reports that Democrats in the United States have agreed to immunized four witnesses to testify in the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee investigation of illegal foreign money in the Democratic National Committee during the campaign in 1996. Voting of the immunity grants; Comments...