Cash-Strapped Waterbury, Conn.'s Finances Taken Over by State
- From N.Y.C., Delaware, and Illinois, it's ready, set, GOs. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p8
Details three state general obligation (GO) bonds priced in the United States during the first week of March 1999. New York City's GO deal being negotiated by Goldman, Sachs & Co.; GO bond issue by Delaware; Prospects for Illinois' GO issue.
- Opponents renew legal battle over bond issue. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;01/31/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p2
Reports that anti-tax advocates renewed a legal battle against Westchester County, New York over its issuance of bonds backed by money it received from the settlement of the multi-state lawsuit against tobacco companies. Plaintiffs' allegation that the bond sale violated the state constitution...
- Ohio Readies $20 Million of Liquor-Backed Taxable Bonds. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/27/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33324, p4
The article offers information on the pricing of 20 million dollars of liquor-backed taxable bonds from the state government in Ohio.
- Louisiana Likely to Allocate $600M of GO Zone Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/14/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33382, p4
The article reports on the expected allocation of 600 million dollars of Gulf Opportunity Zone bonds by Louisiana State Bond Commission during their meeting.
- Washington Boosts GO Sale to $786M to Feed Market. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;9/15/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33383, p22
The article reports on the plan of Washington to sell 786 million dollars in general obligation bonds in an agreement that has grown almost a quarter in response to market hunger for tax-exempt paper.
- New Jersey GOs Have a Lot to Offer to Retail, Traders Say. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;04/24/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30876, p34
Focuses on the New Jersey government's issuance of $425 million worth of general obligation bonds to retail investors. Offering of tax-exempt bonds; State's acceptance of electronic bids using the PARITY system; Comments from fund managers.
- Visible supply by state. // Bond Buyer;01/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30554, p29
Presents charts showing information related to state bond issues in the United States for the week ending January 7, 1999.
- Far West: GO yield curves for January 6, 1999. // Bond Buyer;01/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30554, p29
Presents charts showing information related to state bond issues in the United States for January 6, 1999.
- California Eyes Sept. Offering. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;8/24/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33571, p1
The article reports that September 20, 2011 has been set by San Francisco, California as the date for its first general obligation (GO) bond sale and has placed another on the calendar, despite the size of both deals remains undecided.