California Market Reacts Calmly to $10 Billion Power Bond Announcement
- WHO BENEFITS FROM MORTGAGE REVENUE BONDS? Benjamin, John D.; Sirmans, C.F. // National Tax Journal;Mar87, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p115
Focuses on the revenue bond financing capitalization process in the United States. Capitalization of the benefits into selling prices; Institutional arrangements for dispensing the funds; Benefits of tax-exempt mortgage revenue bonds.
- Maryland County to Tap Nearby RZFB Capacity. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/22/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33420, p5
The article reports on the plan of the government of Washington County to squeeze the remaining bonds of the RZFBs, which are tax-exempt and similar to private-activity bonds after having decided to issue all of it its allocated recovery zone facility bonds.
- The Muni World Needs to Fight to Keep Tax-Exempt Bonds Tax-Exempt. Nicholas, Mike // Bond Buyer;12/6/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33427, p28
In this article the author discusses the use of tax-exempt bonds in the U.S.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p39
Reports developments related to market indicators in the United States. List of competitive and negotiated bond offerings; Municipal market data in short-term tax-exempt yields; Effectivity of state and local government series rates; Figures and structure of municipal bond index.
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- D.C. Transit Agency Rated Highly for Upcoming Issue. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p40
Reports on the rating for the tax-exempt refunding bonds issued by the Metropolitan Area Transit Authority in Washington D.C. Schedule for the competitive sale of the refunding bonds; Proceeds of the bond sale; Adviser of the transaction process.
- TBMA Lobbys For Housing Bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p8
Reports on the Bond Market Association's call for United States senators to support legislation designed to promote the issuance of single-family mortgage revenue bonds. Introduction of the Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness Act; Amendment of the purchase-price limit to allow...
- Regulators Join Debate Over Opinions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p1
Reports the debate over unqualified tax-exempt bond opinions by analysts and investors in Las Vegas, Nevada. Acceptance of unqualified opinions by the investors; Declaration on bond taxation; Evaluation of qualified opinions.
- EZ program adds 20 new communities. Resnick, Amy B.; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;01/14/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30558, p1
Discusses the implications of the Clinton Administration's naming of 20 new empowerment zones in the issuance of tax-exempt bonds. Fewer restrictions regulating the zones; Estimated value of the bonds to be issued; Inclusion of the tax authorization for the bonds in the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.