Munis Off 1/8 to 1/4; Primary Builds
- N.Y. MTA Plans Bond Sales for January. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;12/13/2016, p1
New York MTA intends to sell $1.3 billion of bonds in January including a $100 million remarketing, said finance manager Patrick McCoy.
- Spread squeeze adds spark to muni bond boom. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/21/98, Vol. 64 Issue 51, p5
Focuses on concerns raised over the distortion in the pricing of municipal bonds, that has reduced the spread between bonds from top-rated issuers and those from riskier municipalities in the United States. Outlook for the municipal bond marker; Implications of the price compression for the...
- Municipals Drop 1/4 to 3/8 Point in Spotty Trade Ahead of New Deals. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;11/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31012, p2
Focuses on the decreased municipal bond prices in the United States according to market trading results on November 6, 2000. Average trading rates; Issuers with the biggest losses.
- Munis Finish Firm in Slow Trading; Some Detroit GOs Priced for Retail. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31192, p2
Reports that municipal bond prices in the United States were steady in July 30, 2001. Factors attributing to such pricing trend; Reaction of bond traders to such market condition; Overview on prices of various bond issues during the given time period.
- Municipals Rise in Light Trading; J.P. Morgan Prices Chicago Air Debt. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31205, p2
Reports on the stability of municipal bond prices in the United States during the August 16, 2001 light trading. Total value of bonds sold; Details of bond sale and offerings; Investors' preference for government bonds.
- Prices finish mixed with weak tone in light pre-holiday trading. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30794, p2
Reports on municipal bond prices in the United States as of December 22, 1999. Minimal trading activity; Year-end tax-loss swapping; Bidding for various customer lists circulating in the secondary market; Range of point losses at the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index.
- Munis Give Back Some Price Gains, Resting After Four Days of Rallying. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30857, p2
Focuses on the slight decline in the municipal bond prices in the United States according to bond market trading results for March 24, 2000. Average rate of quoted losses; Amount of sell-offs.
- Municipal Bond Prices Fall 5/8 Point Ahead of Today's Employment Report. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;05/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30885, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bond prices in the United States according to market trading results for May 5, 2000. Impact of the employment report for April on prices; Average rates of decreases.
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Mixed; Market Vulnerable Ahead of PPI Today. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30890, p2
Reveals the status of municipal bond prices in the United States as of May 11, 2000. Market participants' bracing for the release of the producer price index report and the Federal Open Market Committee meeting on May 16, 2000; Continued vulnerability of the market.