Wholesale Sales Up As Inventories Fall
- Wholesale Inventories, Sales Both Increase in January. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/11/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32833, p2
The article reports on growth of merchant wholesalers inventories and sales for January 2008 in the U.S. According to the Commerce Department, inventories of merchant wholesalers increases to $414.8 billion and its sales rose to $387.7 billion. Economists polled by International Financing Review...
- Retailers post respectable back-to-school gains as retail sales rise. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/24/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p21
The article reports on the released of the August retail sales for 2007 by the U.S. Commerce Department. It showed that the total retail sales including the non-general merchandise categories increased 0.3% seasonally adjusted from last July 2007 and 4.2% unadjusted year-over-year. According to...
- September Business Inventories Up 0.6%; Sales Rise 0.2%. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34016, p1
The article reports on an increase of 0.6 percent in the value of business inventories in September 2013 as retail inventories jumped 0.9 percent to add to inventory gains at the factory and wholesale levels, according to the data released by the U.S. Commerce Department. It informs that the...
- Wholesale Inventories Increased 1.3% In July. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;9/13/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33381, p2
The article discusses the report presented by the U.S. Commerce Department which reveals a 1.3% increase in wholesale inventories which exceeds economist's expectations.
- Wholesale Sales Stay Flat As Inventories Drop 0.1%. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;2/11/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33859, p6
The article informs that according to a report released by the U.S. Commerce Department, sales of merchant wholesalers has remained unchanged at 418.9 billion U.S. dollars as inventories has decreased by 0.1 percent in December 2012.
- Inventories Down 0.2%; Sales Rise 1.9% in Nov. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/12/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33449, p2
The article reports that wholesale inventories have declined by 0.2% while wholesale sales have increased by 1.9 in November 2010, according to data of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Wholesale Inventories Rise 1.1%; Sales Gain 1.3% in April. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;6/11/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34124, p1
The article reports on rise in wholesale inventories of durable goods to 1.1 percent in April 2014 as reported by the U.S. Commerce Department and informs that economists expected inventories would increase 0.5 percent according to the estimate from information services firm Thomson Reuters.
- Inventories Fall 0.8% With Sales Up the Same Amount. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/10/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33264, p2
The article offers information on the report released by the U.S. Commerce Department concerning the state's wholesale inventories and sales in the last quarter of 2009, along with the forecasts of Thomson Reuters.
- Wholesale Inventories Rise 0.4%; Sales Gain 0.2% in October. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;1/9/2015, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Commerce has declared that wholesale inventories increased 0.4% in October 2014.