Non-Farm Payrolls Up 135,000 in Feb
- Payrolls Up 151,000; Jobless Rate at 9.6%. Ackerman, Andrew; Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p31
The article highlights the report from the U.S. Labor Department which shows that the nonfarm payrolls in Washington rose 151,000 in October 2010, while the unemployment rate remained at 9.6%.
- March payrolls: First hitch in economy's stride. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;4/6/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 64, p25
Reports that the United States Labor Department disclosed on April 3, 1998, that payrolls decreased in March, 1998. Amount the payrolls decreased by; Why the drop surprised economists; Area where the decline in jobs was centered in; Comments from key individuals; Details on restaurant payrolls...
- U.S. September job loss worst since 1991. Torres, Carlos // Inside Tucson Business;10/8/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 29, p20
Discusses the report of the Labor Department on the drop of payrolls in the United States. Percentage of unemployment in the country; Effect of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the business establishments; Expectation of analysts for additional joblessness rate.
- April Payrolls Up 165,000; Jobless Rate Down a Tad. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33906, p2
The article focuses on a report released by the U.S. Labor Department that shows the non-farm payrolls has increased up to 165,000 whereas the unemployment rate has dropped down by 0.1 point to 7.5 percent in April 2013.
- Nonfarm Payrolls Fall 125K; Joblessness at 9.5%. TempIe-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/6/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33344, p2
The article reports on the loss of nonfarm payrolls with 125,000 jobs in June 2010, as mentioned by the U.S. Labor Department.
- Payrolls Increase 216,000; Jobless Rate Slips to 8.8%. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/4/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33493, p30
The article reports on the status of non-farm payrolls that increased by 216,000 and the unemployment rate in Washington that fell to the lowest level since 2010 revealed by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Payrolls in U.S. rose 192,000 in March, unemployment 6.7%. Woellert, Lorraine // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;4/4/2014, p1
The article presents a report from the U.S. Department of Labor on the increase of payrolls in the U.S. in March 2014 while the unemployment rate held at 6.7% even as more Americans entered the labor force.
- Working young a way of life in rural Texas. Rushin, Cherry // Graham Leader;5/2/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 75, p1A
The article informs that the U.S. Department of Labor has proposed restriction on working of individual in various agricultural jobs under the age of 16 years.
- Arizona Farm Bureau applauds child labor withdrawal. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;4/27/2012, p10
The article reports that the U.S. Labor Department has withdrawn proposed rules meant to prevent young people from working in the agricultural sector.