In The Loop
- OverDrive Backing epub Standard. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;1/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p31
The article reports additional support for the International Digital Publishing Forum's (IDPF's) epub digital publication standard for ebooks. Overdrive has announced that it will support the standard. The chief executive of Overdrive, Steve Potash, is also the president of IDPF, so the move...
- OverDrive puts e-books into gear. Horwitz, Gayle // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/29/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p3
Focuses on Valley View, Ohio-based software developer OverDrive Systems Inc.'s promotion of the emergence of electronic books as a powerful force in the publishing industry in the United States. Partnership with software firm Microsoft Corp.; Publishers Simon & Schuster Inc. and Random House...
- Kobo Parent Acquires OverDrive. Enis, Matt; Peet, Lisa; Schwartz, Meredith // Library Journal;4/1/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses the acquisition of library electronic book (e-book) distributor OverDrive by Japanese electronic commerce (e-commerce) and Internet company Rakuten. Topics include Rakuten's other businesses such as the electronic reading (e-reading) device and service Kobo, how OverDrive...
- OverDrive Statistics Show Impressive Growth in 2011. Kelley, Michael; Rapp, David // Library Journal;2/15/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p10
The article states that U.S. electronic book vendor OverDrive released statistics on January 19, 2012, indicating significant business growth in 2011.
- OverDrive Breaks Ground on New Headquarters. Kelley, Michael; Schwartz, Meredith // Library Journal;4/1/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p14
The article announces the construction of electronic book distribution firm OverDrive's headquarters in Garfield Heights, Ohio starting in May 2012, which will be 95,000 square feet in size on a 12-acre campus, housing more than 300 employees.
- OverDrive Unveils WIN Catalog. Rapp, David // Library Journal;11/15/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 19, p18
The article discusses the "WIN Catalog" service being developed by electronic-book distributor OverDrive, which will feature collections of publishers' backlisted electronic books and audiobooks.
- OverDrive Offers First Glimpse at "Big Data". Kelley, Michael; Schwartz, Meredith // Library Journal;5/15/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 9, p16
The article discusses a report issued by electronic-book distributor OverDrive about the firm's online traffic during March 2012, with details presented about the number of visitors to the site, books that were viewed most often, and the hours of day when browsing was heaviest.
- And the living was easy... // Quill & Quire;Oct98, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p50
Reports on the summer publishing intensive 'Books 1998,' held in August 1998 at Simon Fraser University's Harbour Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia. Attendees at the ceremony; Activities at the dance-floor in the ceremony; Presentations by several persons from publishing industry in Canada.
- N.Y. return turns new page for Book Expo. Bing, Jonathan // Variety;5/6/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the Book Expo America in New York from May 3 to 5, 2002. Publishers who will join the book exhibition.