B&N Chief Says So-Called Slowing Of Online Sales Growth Deceiving
- B&N.Com to sell music, videos. // Chain Store Age;Dec98, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p228
Cites bookstore chain Barnes & Noble (B&N) Inc.'s plan to sell music and videos on its Web site in the first quarter of 1999. B&N's plan to sell only a selection of music and videos targeted to avid book lovers.
- Steal This Author. Reich, Robert B. // American Prospect;Nov2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p40
The author reflects on the book business in the U.S. It notes that the business has been taken by Amazon.com, a site where people can shop books and electronic (e)-books. It reveals the only remaining big bookstore chains in the U.S. are Barnes & Noble and Borders. The author predicts that there...
- Barnes & Noble. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/31/2013, pA02
- Barnes & Noble looks to book affiliate ads. Warner, Bernhard // MediaWeek;11/24/97, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p27
Reports that Barnes & Noble Inc. has unveiled a variety of Christmas book advertising promotions in support of its program to syndicate book sales on other Web sites. Online bookselling business; Plans of adding sites to its affiliates' base and charge advertisers for the placement of banner...
- Struggling to catch Amazon. // Chain Store Age;Dec98, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p59
Cites strategies adopted by bookstore chain Barnes & Noble in order to capture a big share of the online bookselling business. Discontinuation of plans to spin off shares in barnesandnoble.com; Consummation of a deal to pursue Web business with Bertelsmann AG; Management changes.
- GUEST COMMENT: THE OLD CURIOSITY SHOP? Giles, Alan // Retail Digest;Summer2009, p6
In this article the author reflects on the threat faced by traditional bookshops with the emergence of Internet retailers and e-books. He cites the sales decline experienced by booksellers and talks on their move of consolidating. He offers information on FNAC which, along with Barnes & Noble...
- E-READERS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;6/1/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p18
The article offers brief information on the Nook electronic-reader from Barnes & Noble Inc.
- TABLET PCS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;5/1/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on the software upgrade for the color devices of NOOK electronic book reader which was issued by Barnes & Noble Inc. to provide users with access to electronic mail and web sites.
- NEW E-BOOK READER. // Technotrends Newsletter;Nov2009, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p3
A preview of the electronic book (e-book) reader Nook from Barnes & Noble Inc. is presented.