Bush Taps Domestic Finance Undersecretary
- Treasury's Peter Fisher Answers Bankers' Burning Questions. Marjamaa, Leigh // Community Banker;Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
Interviews U.S. Treasury Under Secretary for Domestic Finance Peter R. Fisher. Information on how FHLBank disclosures affected reporting at Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp.; Discussion on whether the corporate governance changes put in place by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act will serve the purpose of...
- THE RETURN OF THE TWO AMIGOS. // International Economy;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p4
Reports the return of central bank officials Gerd Hausler and Peter Fisher to the economic scene in the United States. Contributions on the economy of the country; Appointment of Fisher as undersecretary of the Treasury Department; Assumption of Hausler as counsellor and director of the...
- Treasury Department. Maggs, John; Cohen, Richard E.; Kosterlitz, Julie // National Journal;6/23/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p1987
Presents information on the officials and employees of the United States Treasury Department. Paul H. O'Neill, secretary; Kenneth W. Dam, designated deputy secretary; Peter R. Fisher, designated undersecretary for domestic finance.
- Tax Expert Leaves Treasury, His Next Move Unknown. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p4
Reports the resignation of Mark Weinberger, secretary for tax policy of the Department of Treasury in the U.S. Contributions of Weinberger to tax-exempt matters; Role of Weinberger in shaping the regulatory guidance on hospital acquisition finance bonds; Nomination of Pamela Olson as deputy...
- MULFORD'S RETURN (ALMOST). // International Economy;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p5
Discusses the reemergence of former United States Treasury official David Mulford. Interest in returning to government service; Career history.
- Senate Votes Confirm 3 Treasury Nominees. Hopkins, Cheyenne // American Banker;2/16/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 24, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Senate confirmed three Treasury officials in February 2010: Mary Miller as assistant secretary for financial markets, Marisa Lagos as assistant secretary for international markets and development and Charles Collyns as assistant secretary for international finance.
- Fisher to Execs: Go Beyond Letter of Law. Heller, Michele // American Banker;5/23/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 99, p3
Presents the views of the U.S. Department of Treasury's under secretary for domestic finance, Peter R. Fisher, on the disclosure of information by corporations to investors. Need of improving the clarity of disclosures in terms of the company's business prospects; Plans of the Senate Banking...
- TREASURY: BEEF UP DISCLOSURE. // National Mortgage News;7/7/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p9
Focuses on the speech delivered by the U.S. Treasury official Peter Fisher at a market conference of the American Securitization Forum in New York. Need give investors the information needed to understand the products of the sellers; Pleasure on the progress at Freddie Mac; Ability of the...
- And Larry's Being Tactful, Too. Stokes, Bruce // National Journal;1/22/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p262
Talks about the performance of United States Treasury Secretary Lawrence H. Summers. Remarks from Robert Hormats, vice chairman of Goldman Sachs International; Personal style of Summer in office; How he headed off congressional criticisms; Challenges he would be facing in the domestic front.