San Francisco's Water-Power Utility Eyes Big-Time Overhaul
- After Downgrade, San Francisco Selling Water Debt. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p38
Announces that the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in California will price $140 million in water revenue bonds on July 24, 2001, against the backdrop of a recent rating downgrade on its outstanding debts. First tranche of a $304 million measure voters approved in 1997; Aim to fund a...
- San Francisco Weighs $4.4B Utility Bond Issue in 2002. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31188, p40
Reports on the plan of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission to present voters with a bond proposal of 4.4 billion dollars. Financial of capital improvement projects; Structure of the bonds.
- San Francisco PUC Postpones BAB Sale Due to Weak Market. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;12/9/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33430, p3
The article reports on the postponement of a competitive sale of 523 million U.S. dollars of mostly Build American Bonds (BABs) by the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) because of the weak market in California.
- As BAB Deluge Eases, Projected Volume Slips to $2.49 Billion. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/31/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33175, p7
The article reports that the bond market of the U.S. has started to slow down with its volume slipping to 2.49 billion U.S. dollars in the week ended August 28, 2009. The slow down, accordingly, takes place after taxable Build America Bond (BAB) issuances come pouring in since April 2009. The...
- San Francisco PUC Plans Competitive Route. Ward, Andrew // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/7/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 30, p11
The article reports on the plan of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (PUC) to sell two $375 million long-term tax-exempt revenue bonds in California in 2009. It notes that the plan is in line with the PUC's intention to support the construction of a $5.6 million water system...
- North America's third-largest UV plant opens. // Public Works;Aug2011, Vol. 142 Issue 9, p19
The article reports on the opening of a Tesla Treatment Facility owned by the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in Tracy, California.
- San Francisco Tests Wind-Powered Skyscrapers. Penny, Janelle; Morton, Jennie // Buildings;Mar2012, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p18
The article looks at the integration of a vertical-axis external wind turbine structure to be put up on the roof of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission's new headquarters at 525 Golden Gave Avenue that will power at least seven percent of the building's needs.
- STATE AUDIT WILL ASSESS PACE OF SAN FRANCISCO SEISMIC UPGRADE. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/13/99, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p20
Reports that California's Joint Legislative Audit Committee authorized the state auditor to look into what is taking the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission so long to identify and make seismic-resistant upgrades to its system. Comments from state assemblyman Lou Pappan; Effects of...
- CALIFORNIA. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Oct2013, p36
The article reports on the Phase II of the San Francicsco Central Subway Tunneling Project aimed to expand the City's transportation network and the completion of the excavation activity at the New Irvington Tunnel for the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) in California.