Delaware's Minner Starts Off With Wealth of Experience
- Shortfall Strategy: Debt Boost, Fee Hikes. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;3/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32596, Special section p22
The article focuses on the effort of Delaware to generate funding for its transportation projects. Several options have been considered by the state. These include privatization of public road but did not gain voters' support, increase in state's debt-issuing capability, and fee increases....
- Corporate-Friendly and Still Going Pretty Strong. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p10
Focuses on the strong economic and financial performance of Delaware after weathering an economic recession with the help of hiring freezes. Expected cash and budget reserve of the state at the end the 2004 fiscal year; Priorities of Governor Ruth Ann Minner as outlined in her term plans;...
- Delaware Governor Signs $2.39 Billion Budget for FY2003. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/27/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31417, p29
Reports the signing of the operating budget for the year 2003 by Delaware governor Ruth Ann Minner. Effectivity of the proposed budget; Implementation of the across-the-board budget cuts and a three-month hiring freeze; Details on the total amount of the operating funds.
- Delaware's Governor Announces More Cuts. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p6
Reports on the announcement of additional cuts for the fiscal budget by Governor Ruth Ann Minner in Delaware.
- Delaware's Governor Signs Fiscal 2002 Capital Budget. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p3
Reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner has signed into law the state's 436.2 million capital budget for fiscal 2002. Issuance of 118.2 million of general obligation bonds; Amount of the overall budget and the bond authorization.
- Making their Mark. Chavers, Mikel // State News (Council of State Governments);Apr2008, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p11
The article focuses on the efforts of women in state governments in dealing with healthcare and education issues. Senator Connie Lawson of Indiana filed a legislation in 2007 requiring the HPV vaccination of girls entering sixth grade. Senator Julie Denton of Kentucky, meanwhile, received...
- Delaware Finds Unexpected $47.1M Of Revenue in Property Settlement. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p6
Reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner announced an unexpected 47.1 million dollar abandoned property settlement as of January 14, 2003. Details of the settlement; Utility of the settlement in compensating the state's budget deficit; Bond premium received by the state from a competitive...
- Delaware Governor Cuts Current Budget by $24 Million. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p32
Reports on the order given by the Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner to the state agencies to trim the 2002-2003 budget in response to reduced revenue projections. Request made by Minner to states agencies to present lists of possible cuts to the budget; Budget cuts for administrative costs of...
- Delaware Governor Releases Trim Budget For 2003, Cuts Back Bond Authorization. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p5
Reports on the announcement made by the Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner on the 2003 budget package featuring scaled-down bond authorization bill. Areas which were effected by the decrease in the bond authorizing bill; Topics that are excluded from the budget proposal; Steps taken by Minner to...