Tennessee Worries About Bonds, Credit Rating as Budget Comes Up Short
- Seattle, Post-Initiative 747, Readies $131.5M GO and Refunding Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p3
Focuses on plans of Seattle, Washington to price multi-million dollars of limited-tax and general obligation and refunding bonds on January 8, 2002. Highlights of the categories of bonds for sale; Debt ratings given to the bonds by different ratings agencies; Expected benefits of the sale for...
- Kearny, N.J., Shelves GO Deal Amid Onslaught of Bad News. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p1
Reports the declining credit rating for the general obligation bond offering of the state government in New Jersey. Prediction of annual budget deficit; Amount of the operating deficit; Reduction in fund equity.
- Rainy-Day Fund May Be Key to Improving Washington-Area Transit Credit. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p4
Reports on the credit quality of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. Limiting of the rainy-day operating fund to two percent of the operating budget.
- City's bond rating in jeopardy. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p1
Forecasts the decline of the existing bond rating of the city of Tucson, Arizona and its implications for economic development. Existing credit rating; Revenue from taxation; Implications for increased interest rates on bonds and increased budget deficit.
- Moody's Upgrades Flint, Mich.'s $7.4 Million of Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/20/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32053, p6
Reports on the improvement of the debt of Flint, Michigan by Moody's Investors Service. Increase of the rating on unlimited-tax general obligation; Reflection of the stability in the budget; Use of the proceeds from the sale of financial recovery general obligation bonds to shore up the 2005 budget.
- Virginia Lawmakers Stepping Up Tax, Budget Negotiations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p4
Reports that the financial committees of the Virginia General Assembly have started negotiations to reach a compromise on tax revision and budgetary matters. Amount of bond package favored by Governor Mark R. Warner; Plan to increase upper-bracket income taxes and sales taxes; Proposed...
- Chicago Finance Leaders: Don't Drain Reserve for Pensions. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;10/22/2014, p2
Chicago's general obligation bond ratings will remain pressured until the city fully fixes its pension mess, top city finance officials told aldermen this week.
- Moody's: Commonwealth budget deficits trigger negative outlook for credit. Albanese, Lorelei // Caribbean Business;9/30/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p13
Reports on the negative outlook of Moody's Investors Service for Commonwealth bonds in Puerto Rico. Loan from the Government Development Bank to balance the budget and ensure repayment of outstanding tax and revenue anticipation notes; Scrutiny of bond rating services influenced by the negative...
- All Eyes on Puerto Rico. Meyers, Maxwell; Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, p1
The article reports that municipal market participants are monitoring Puerto Rico's legislature as it prepares to negotiate over the 2007 fiscal year budget. The budget outcome will affect the credit rating of approximately $27 billion of Puerto Rico debt. Puerto Rico is popular among retail...