N.Y. Democrats' Debt Reform Amendment May Not Go Anywhere
- N.Y.C. Refuses Pataki's Offer to Work to Change MAC Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p4
Reports that the New York City in New York State has refused the offer made by New York State governor George E. Pataki to work to change the controversial state legislation plan to refinance New York City's 2.5 billion outstanding debt of the financial board, Municipal Assistance Corp., as of...
- Gov. Pataki: Use revenue windfall to allay New York's debt burden. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30849, p32
Reports on New York Governor George E. Pataki's proposal calling for the use of the state's higher-than-expected revenues to help reduce debt burden until fiscal year 2002. Proposed increase in the funding for the state's Debt Reduction Reserve Fund; Promotion of debt reform in the state.
- Nassau Gets a Safety Net. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30888, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's plan to restructure Nassau County, New York's 220 million dollars debt. Reissuance of the bonds through a temporary oversight board; Details of the payment plan.
- New York Budget Battle Rages On, Endangering State in Bond Market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p1
New York governor George E. Pataki lost the budget battle with the state Legislature in May 2003, but the war in Albany, New York continues, threatening to do further damage to the state's image in the bond market, which has already suffered. In new Department of Budget documents, Pataki said he...
- Pataki Likely to Veto Parts of New York's $101.3B Budget. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31947, p3
Reports on the plan of New York Governor George Pataki to veto parts of the fiscal 2005 budget completed by the state Senate. Inclusion of an increase in capital spending for the state; Authorization for New York City to proceed with a debt restructuring; Concern of the Pataki on the impact of...
- N.Y.'s MAC Fight Goes On Pataki, Bloomberg Still Differ on Refunding. Braun, MArtin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p1
Reports on the fiscal 2005 budget proposal of Governor George E. Pataki in New York. Recommendation of refinancing the Municipal Assistance Corp.; Prediction of a debt service payment; Clarification of the budget sources for the city.
- New York Gov. Pataki Tightens Fiscal Belt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31245, p35
Focuses on the spending cuts and debt restructuring order of Governor George E. Pataki in New York. Plans to stabilize the budget of state; Financial assistance from the federal government.
- Pataki Proposes Alternate MAC Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31696, p1
Reports on an alternative plan proposed by governor of New York George E. Pataki to refinance the debt of New York City's Municipal Assistance Corp, in the first half of August 2003. Overview of the plan; Benefits gained by New York City through this plan; Statements made by the mayor of New...
- Analysts: N.Y. debt needs talking about, but candidate's reforms fall short. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30501, p31
Presents views regarding New York State's debt and proposed solutions by Democrat candidate for governor, Peter F. Vallone. Proposals outlined by Vallone before the Citizens Budget Committee; Comments on Governor George Pataki's general obligation borrowing.