Three-dimensional optical circuitry using two-photon-assisted polymerization
- Second-order nonlinear optical properties and relaxation characteristics of poled linear epoxy polymers with tolane chromophores. Jungbauer, D.; Teraoka, I.; Yoon, D. Y.; Reck, B.; Swalen, J. D.; Twieg, R.; Willson, C. G. // Journal of Applied Physics;6/15/91, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p8011
Discusses a study which examined the poling-induced nonlinear optical susceptibility and long-term stability of epoxy polymers nitrotolane chromophores. Experimental procedures; Description of the linear and nonlinear optical properties of tolane chromophores; Dielectric measurements of...
- New Adhesives and Dispensing Methods Help Maximize Fiber Optic Yields. Woldorf, Terrence // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Mar2002, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p44
Reports on new adhesives and dispensing methods that help maximize fiber optic yields. Evolution of UV-cure adhesives; How adhesive dispensers can improve yields and process control; Alternatives to thermally cured epoxies.
- Sterilisation. // Medical Device Technology;Apr2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p49
lonisos has five sterilisation plants in France. Gamma ray plants are located In Dagneux, and Pouzauges, and electron-beam sterilisation is available at Chaumesnil and Orsay. With the company's highly penetrative gamma ray services, results are reportedly safe and reproducible. The electron beam...
- Effect of acetic acid content on in situ preparation of epoxy/zirconia hybrid materials. Ochi, Mitsukazu; Nii, Daisuke; Harada, Miyuki // Journal of Materials Science;Nov2010, Vol. 45 Issue 22, p6159
Epoxy/zirconia hybrid materials were synthesized via in situ polymerization of acetic acid-modified zirconium alkoxide. The reactivity of acetic acid-modified zirconium alkoxide changed with the amount of acetic acid added. In the hybrid materials, the phase structure varied between the...
- Optical fiber tips functionalized with semiconductor photonic crystal cavities. Shambat, Gary; Provine, J; Rivoire, Kelley; Sarmiento, Tomas; Harris, James; Vuc?kovic, Jelena // Applied Physics Letters;11/7/2011, Vol. 99 Issue 19, p191102
We demonstrate a simple and rapid epoxy-based method for transferring photonic crystal (PC) cavities to the facets of optical fibers. Passive Si cavities were measured via fiber taper coupling as well as direct transmission from the fiber facet. Active quantum dot containing GaAs cavities showed...
- Polishing fiber connectors: Move back to move forward. GRAHAM, WILLIAM // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Nov2012, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p29
The article offers the author's insights regarding the fiber-optic connectors. He mentions that fiber-optic installers started polishing connectors in the late 1970s wherein they injected epoxy. He notes that angle physical contact (APC) connector is the most effective solution for back...
- New rapid-tooling technique--high-temperature epoxy. // Machine Design;04/03/97, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p88
Features the TrueCast epoxy for aluminum tooling. Use of stereolithography master pattern during the production process; Cost savings in using the epoxy.
- Epoxy adhesive. // Machine Design;09/11/97, Vol. 69 Issue 17, p88
Features EP30, a two-component epoxy adhesive for structural bonding. Statistics and the epoxy's noncritical mix ratio.
- Thermally conductive epoxy. // Machine Design;01/15/98, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p141
Focuses on the two-part one-to-one aluminum-filled epoxy from Aremco Products Incorporated, suitable for adhesive applications. Temperatures which the epoxy can be used at.