Tabitha: The Gazelle of Joppa (Acts 9:36-41)
- Acts 15:22-31. McMillan, David K. // Interpretation: A Journal of Bible & Theology;Oct2001, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p420
Presents an interpretation of the gospel of the Acts of the Apostles regarding freedom and decency. Issue of circumcision; Description of the Christian community; Meaning of fornication.
- Baptism in the spirit. Kavanaugh, John F. // America;5/4/1996, Vol. 174 Issue 15, p31
Interprets chapter eight verse eight of the book of Acts. Sadness of parents at seeing their children drift to another religion; Lack of guarantee on having faith.
- CHANGING WOMAN: POSTCOLONIAL REFLECTIONS ON ACTS 16.6-40. Staley, Jeffrey L. // Journal for the Study of the New Testament;Mar1999, Issue 73, p113
No abstract available.
- SAUL, AFTERWARD, RIDING EAST. // New Yorker;2/28/1970, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p36
The article presents the quoted verse from the Bible, The Acts of the Apostles, 9:3-18.
- Acting up. ERLANDSON, GREG // Our Sunday Visitor;5/23/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p18
The article ponders upon the lessons Catholics will learn from the Acts of the Apostles.
- Exegesis on some Key Passages relating to Mission. Back, Peter // Evangel;Spring2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p15
Part I. Focuses on the passage of Acts concerning on mission in chapter 13 verse 1-4. Presentation of exegetical notes in the passage; Views on mission and Acts 13:1-3; Focus of Acts on the Lord of the Church.
- After life. Kavanaugh, John F. // America;4/29/1995, Vol. 172 Issue 15, p38
Reflects on the passage `All who were destined for life everlasting believed in it,' Acts Chapter 13 Verse 49. Vision of heaven; Imagery of life everlasting in the Book of Revelation; Final fate and immortality of the soul.
- Knowing Your Faith. Morris, J. B. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);8/9/2007, Vol. 100 Issue 32, p2
The article presents the author's view regarding the great faith of the early Christians as reflected in Acts 19:1-7 of the Bible.
- SADDUCEES, ANGELS, AND RESURRECTION (ACTS 23:8-9). Viviano, Benedict T. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Fall92, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p496
Examines biblical verse of Acts 23:8. David Daube's critical note on the verse; Discrepancy between the Greek text and the English translation of the verse; Classic Platonic texts teaching the immortality of the soul.