Tabitha: The Gazelle of Joppa (Acts 9:36-41)
- Acts 15:22-31. McMillan, David K. // Interpretation: A Journal of Bible & Theology;Oct2001, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p420
Presents an interpretation of the gospel of the Acts of the Apostles regarding freedom and decency. Issue of circumcision; Description of the Christian community; Meaning of fornication.
- Worship Practices in the Acts of the Apostles. McCarron, Richard E. // Bible Today;May/Jun2014, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p125
The article explores the worship and prayer of the early Christian community as described in the Acts of the Apostles. It offers a liturgical perspective on the worship practices, along with a description of the framework for contextualizing the worship practices in the Acts of the Apostles. The...
- The Holy Spirit in the Acts of the Apostles: A Pentecost Spirituality. White, C. Vanessa // Bible Today;May/Jun2014, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p140
The article focuses on the representation of the Holy Spirit in the Acts of the Apostles. It describes how the Holy Spirit transforms individuals into an inclusive community and into a missionary church, as presented in the Acts. It also discusses the impact of the Holy Spirit on the apostolic...
- Baptism in the spirit. Kavanaugh, John F. // America;5/4/1996, Vol. 174 Issue 15, p31
Interprets chapter eight verse eight of the book of Acts. Sadness of parents at seeing their children drift to another religion; Lack of guarantee on having faith.
- CHANGING WOMAN: POSTCOLONIAL REFLECTIONS ON ACTS 16.6-40. Staley, Jeffrey L. // Journal for the Study of the New Testament;Mar1999, Issue 73, p113
No abstract available.
- Exegesis on some Key Passages relating to Mission. Back, Peter // Evangel;Spring2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p15
Part I. Focuses on the passage of Acts concerning on mission in chapter 13 verse 1-4. Presentation of exegetical notes in the passage; Views on mission and Acts 13:1-3; Focus of Acts on the Lord of the Church.
- SAUL, AFTERWARD, RIDING EAST. // New Yorker;2/28/1970, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p36
The article presents the quoted verse from the Bible, The Acts of the Apostles, 9:3-18.
- Acting up. ERLANDSON, GREG // Our Sunday Visitor;5/23/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p18
The article ponders upon the lessons Catholics will learn from the Acts of the Apostles.
- This Issue. Senior, Donald // Bible Today;May/Jun2014, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p122
The article discusses the papers published within the issue including one on the Acts of the Apostles, one on the universal mission of the church, and another on the Pentecost event in Acts 2.