In the Loop
- DigitalOwl, IPG in E-Book Pact. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;4/9/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p31
Highlights an agreement between DigitalOwl and Independent Publishers Group to market electronic books from a variety of independent publishing houses. Details on the services offered by the companies to their customers; Efficiency of DigitalOwl in distributing electronic books; Effectiveness...
- News Briefs. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p35
Offers news briefs pertaining to Internet publishing for April 2001. Addition of Independent Publishers Group to Digital Owl's group of content partners; Strategic alliance between Lightning Source Inc. and Didio Communications Ltd., a provider of digital audio services; Contract of OnePage...
- E-books to Get Classroom Trial. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;6/5/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 23, p30
Reports on the plan of the Internet software company, DigitalOwl to sponsor a trial substitution of electronic books for traditional textbooks in three area public schools in September 2000. Schools that are involved in the trial; Comments from Kirstie Chadwick, DigitalOwl's president and chief...
- E-Textbooks Face Real-World Tests. // School Library Journal;Summer2000 Summer Net Connect, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p5
Provides information on test programs for electronic book (e-book) usage for students by two e-book publishers. E-book technology partnership between SoftBook Press and Siemens AG; Information on a DigitalOwl test program for the use of digital textbooks in Florida schools.
- Chicago publisher IPG fights Amazon over Kindle payments. MOORE, ANNE // Crain's Chicago Business;3/12/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p0031
The article reports on the dispute between Independent Publisher Group (IPG) and Amazon.com Inc. over Kindle payments in Chicago, Illinois. It is inferred that Amazon pushed for a 55 percent to 60 percent discount from the retail price of books. It highlights the nonfiction book "Family...
- NBN, IPG Begin e-Book Distribution. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;11/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the separate agreements entered by Independent Publishers Group (IPG) in Chicago, Illinois and National Book Network (NBN) in Lanham, Maryland to begin distributing electronic books on their Web sites. Remarks from Mark Suchomel, president of IPG; Electronic books offered by IPG;...
- 3M To Launch Library Ebook Lending Service. // Library Journal;6/15/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p20
The article reports that library-equipment maker 3M Library Systems will introduce an electronic-book lending service for libraries. Random House and Independent Publishers Group are among publishers committed to the endeavor. Electronic books available within the 3M system will be viewable on...
- Alliances & Deals. // Online;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p15
Presents updates on the alliances and deals of several companies as of March 1, 2001. Partnership of SilverPlatter with the French National Center for Scientific Research; Information on the venture capital financing of DigitalOwl; Sponsorship agreement of Infogate with EDGAR Online Inc.
- IPG picks up seven publishers. // Publishers Weekly;6/3/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 23, p42
Reports that the Independent Publishers Group has become the exclusive distributor of seven publishers.