Chapters Drops Bid For Online Bookseller, Positions Cut At E-Tailer
- Reisman Plans Indigo Merger, Store Closings. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;2/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p82
Reports on the plans of Trilogy owner Heather Reisman for book companies Chapters Inc. and Chapters Online, after being appointed as chief executive officer of Chapters. Plans of Reisman on book discounts of Chapters; Steps Reisman plans to take to get Chapters out of the wholesale book...
- Chapters Online Seeks to Raise C$20 Million in IPO. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;8/16/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 33, p17
Highlights the plans of Chapters Inc., a book retailer in Canada, to spin off its Internet division into a separate company. Plans of the company to take the separate company public; Reason the company anticipates incurring significant losses in the future; Revenues of the company as of July 3,...
- Chapters to Buy Back Online Operations. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p18
Discusses the plans of Chapters Inc. to acquire all shares in Chapters Online that it does not own. Goals for purchasing the remaining shares; Significance of the acquisition; Issues that resulted from the acquisition of Chapters by Trilogy Retail in February 2001.
- Chapters' Plans for Chapters Online Murky. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;3/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the uncertainty over the future of Chapters Online after the acquisition of Chapters Inc. by Trilogy Retail company. Withdrawal of Chapters Inc. from the bid for the remainder of Chapter Online shares; Previous offer made by Chapters Inc.; Reason for the withdrawal of the bid.
- Chapters Gets Electronic White Knight. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;1/22/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 4, p169
Reports on the planned purchase of Canadian bookstore chain Chapters Inc. by Future Shop Inc., an electronics superstore chain. Value of the purchase; Terms under the deal; Brief background on the companies.
- Chapters strikes campus deal with B&N. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;May99, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the purchase of a controlling interest in the Canadian division of Barnes & Noble College Bookstores by Chapters Canadian University Bookstores. Plans of the use of the inventory management software of B&N; Adoption of B&N strategies as a previewing course reading lists to predict...
- B & N to Take B & N.com Private. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;11/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 45, p7
Reports on the plan of Barnes & Noble Inc. to buy the remaining outstanding shares of electronic retailer Barnes & Noble.com as of November 10, 2003. Aim of the acquisition plan; Terms of the proposed acquisition deal between Barnes & Noble and the electronic retailer.
- LATE NEWS. // eWeek;7/14/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p12
Presents news briefs related to electronic commerce as of June 14, 2003. Plans of RSA Security to extend its Cleartrust Web single-sign-on product to the mainframe environment; Possibility of the purchase of video and rich media communication software maker Virage Inc. by search and knowledge...
- Chapters Online customers fuming after billing mix-up. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;May2001, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p8
Reports the worthless service of the Chapters Online to their customers. Delay on the delivery of orders; Effect of the service on the bills of the customers.