Walt Disney-US Weekly Deal Expected To Involve Books
- Disney Reaches Out To Phone Industry. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p42
Reports the partnership between the Walt Disney Co. and local telephone industry to assist the creation of broadband policies in the U.S. Agreement of Walt Disney to support deregulation of digital subscriber line service; Promotion of federal rules protecting Internet piracy on the filmed...
- Mattel inks deal for Disney rights. // Playthings;May96, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p44
Reports on the letter of intent agreement between Disney Consumer Products and the company Mattel. Purpose of the partnership; How long the partnership will last; Features of the partnership; First property licensed to Mattel; Remarks from Jill Board, Mattel's president and chief operating officer.
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA: The Walt Disney Company. // Publishers Weekly;1/6/2003 Supplement, Vol. 250 Issue 1, pS10
Reports the alliance between Walt Disney Co. and author Clive Barker in January 2003. Interest in the 'Abarat' paintings of Barker; Comments from Michael Mendenhall, president of Walt Disney Pictures' synergy and marketing division.
- T-Mobile provider signs deal with Disney. // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p14
Focuses on the expansion of Walt Disney into the mobile communication systems across Europe. Telecommunication companies in which Walt Disney has partnership.
- Disney milks Mickey for Kellogg's deal. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;9/6/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 3, p4
Reports the deal of Walt Disney Co. and Kellogg Co. to develop breakfast cereals based on Mouse House characters in Los Angeles, California. Implication of the partnership on product innovation; Impact of Walt Disney Co. popularity on Kellogg Co. products; Expected characters in the branding scheme.
- WALDEN SEES 'GHOSTS' Lyons, Charles; Dunkley, Cathy // Daily Variety;6/5/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 3, p5
Reports the partnership of Walden Media with the Walt Disney Co. for the distribution of the documentary 'Ghosts of the Abyss' in the U.S. Plan of Disney to release the documentary in selected theaters; Focus of the documentary on underwater explorations; Director of the documentary film.
- McD's, Disney: Year-old pact is a happy deal. Kramer, Louise // Advertising Age;5/11/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p24
Reports on the successful partnership between McDonald's Corp. and Walt Disney Co. Statistics; Possible joint global media buys; Frustration felt by McDonald's franchises over the emphasis of Walt Disney Co. products.
- WORLD NEWS OF THE WEEK. Bernstein, Jacob // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/22/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 39, p14
Reports on Wenner Media chairman Jann Wenner's order for his employees to clean up their desks.
- Donald Duck signs on as reading role model, AAP targets others. // Book Publishing Report;12/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p6
Informs that Walt Disney Co. has granted rights to use Donald Duck in posters and advertising for American Association of Publishers' Get Caught Reading campaign. Role model of literacy; Celebrities the group has lined up for the campaign.