New Consumer Study Shows Adult Book Buying Barely Budged In 2000
- Despite Big Push In Children's Books, Trade Can't Muster Increase. // Book Publishing Report;03/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p3
Presents the survey results of the book publishing industry net sales as of year 2000 in the United States. Increase in children's book sales; Decrease in adult hardcover and paperback sales; Provision of a net sales chart.
- Book Revenues Grew 3.9% For 20 Largest U.S. Consumer Publishers In 1999. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the combined revenues of the top twenty United States book publishers in 1999.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p7
Reports on the financial performances of book publishers in the United States, in the second quarter of fiscal 2000, including, Barnes & Noble Inc., Intervisual Books and Books-A-Million.
- Big Winners And Losers As Publishers' Profitability Varied Dramatically In 2000. // Book Publishing Report;04/30/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p1
Focuses on the sales and profits of book publishing companies in the United States. Account on the profit margin for the Global Books and Home Entertainment division of Reader's Digest; Impact of the Harry Potter books for the trade revenues of Scholastic Books; Financial problems encountered...
- Publisher's Profitability Index For fiscal 2000 vs. 1999. // Book Publishing Report;04/30/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p3
Presents a chart depicting the profitability index of book publishing companies for 1999 to 2000 in the United States. Names of the publishing firms; Revenues; Operating income; Profit margin.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;04/30/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p7
Reports financial developments related to the book industry in the United States as of April 2001. Corporate profit of Houghton Mifflin Co.; Increase of sales at the K-12 Publishing and College Publishing; Details on the financial performance of Amazon.com Inc. on book sales.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p6
Reports developments related to the book publishing industry in the U.S. as of October 2002. Increase of the third quarter sales of Barnes & Noble; Revenue growth of Advanced Marketing Services Inc.; Decline in operating profits.
- Indies Report Good Finish to Holiday Season. Howell, Kevin; Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;1/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the sales performance of several independent booksellers in the U.S. in 2002. Performance of Joseph-Beth's stores in Ohio, Tennessee and Kentucky; Sales of The Book Stall in Illinois; McLean & Eakin in Michigan.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;05/22/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the financial performance of several book publishers in the United States during the first quarter of 2000. Barnes & Noble's book sales; Net sales at pop-up book publisher Intervisual Books; Increase in comparable store sales at Books-A-Million Inc.