Playing the pyjama game
- Henry the hippo is found. // Cabinet Maker;8/13/2010, Issue 5700, p4
The article reports on the recovery of the pyjama-clad mascot Henry the Hippo, owned by bed shop Mr Bedds, following its disappearance in Altrincham, England.
- Gifted to Wear. Wujcik, Barbara // Giftware News;Sep2007, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p40
The article discusses the advantages of selling and giving wearable giftware. A wearable gift can serve as a reminder of the person who gave the gift. Calypso Studios creates jewelry using earth's natural elements, such as kaolin clay and shells, which make them suitable for nature stores,...
- ARTHUR BRINGS PJ'S WITH FRENCH FLAIR TO U.S. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/25/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 64, p13
This article reports that Arthur, a store selling high-quality pajamas and beach wear with French patterns, has opened in New York City in March 2008. The store, located at 922 Madison Avenue, near 73rd Street, is owned by Roman Okin, a former venture capitalist who discovered the brand while...
- Dinnick + Howells. // Little Book of Big Promotions;2007, p244
The article describes the graphic and retail design program made by Dinnick + Howells for their retail client The Water Drop. The designers decorated the shop's walls with facts about water and created water mascots in the form of water drop, cloud, and sun. Moreover, the photographed mascots...
- Firetrap sparks branding overhaul. // Design Week;5/20/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the plan of youth fashion label Firetrap to embark on a branding initiative. Plan to revamp identity; Opening of its dedicated store on August 2005; Collaboration with Dry Communications to refine the brand strategy and logo; Creation of a gnome mascot.
- SANITY CHECK. Stensholt, John // BRW;7/1/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p34
The article focuses on the fate of Australia's phone retailer chain Crazy John's mascot, which may not be favoured by its new owners from Vodafone Hutchinson Australia P/L (VHA). It states that the mascot was used as a marketing tool by Crazy John's founder John Ilhan and has helped the business...
- Increasing Fan Fun. Mondon, Marielle // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Feb2014, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p186
The article focuses on sales of mascot-themed merchandise by Minor League Baseball retail stores as of February 2014. Topics discussed include factors that encourage Minor League Baseball retailers to market products aimed at young boys and girls, the Red Hawks baseball team's merchandising of a...
- Garden party. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/17/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 95, p12
Features three pajama sets with floral designs.
- Jam session. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/17/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 95, p14
Features three pajama sets from different designers. Christian Dior's blue and white cotton pajamas; Hanro's blue cotton knit pajamas; Fernando Sanchez's white cotton damask pajamas.